Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
p.s Do they bite?
Not usually ,I have never been bitten by one but have also been careful not to leave my fingers in a easy to bite position ,but the little girl hog we had last winter did bite Amy my daughters finger ,the hedgehog let go of her straight away after it grabbed her as soon as it realised she wasnt food ,Amy was fine it wasnt too bad a bite ,prob no worse than what a hamster can do
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 04:43 PM
ok thanks!
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 02:24 PM
I took him to the vets today (I couldnt get an appointment yesterday)
As I thought they couldnt find anything wrong with him ,so no idea why he dosent want to eat himself ,he is very small though they weighed him and he is only 218g (I dont have very good scales at home for weighing small things)
He got a vitamin injection with somthing else added (cant remember the name) to hopefully give him a appetite and I have some wormer to put in his food too
Fingers crossed he starts to eat soon
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 06:28 PM
oh bless. he's really small then. well done for taking him to the vets. did you have to pay for that or do they not charge for wild animals?
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Thankfully my vets dont usually charge for wild animals
he has started to eat some little chunks of food from me when I have him out to feed from the syringe ,so I hope he will do it when he is on his own soon
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Awwww glad he's started eating. I'm watching this thread with great interest, these are really darling little creatures
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 07:07 PM
oh well done for getting him to eat, i thankfully don't have that problem cos mine eats like a horse!!

keep up the good work.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Good to hear he has eaten a little on his own, hope he continues then eats you out of house and home!! Really is a diddy one at that weight, hopefully will pile the weight on now!
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Aww you do a great job! welldone!

Tom x
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Well last night before he went to bed he was eating cat food quite well while on my knee ,I done my usual and left him with food in the cage overnight ,this morning as usual the food hasnt really been touched but when I got him out for breakfast he ate well again while on my knee
Hmm he only wants to eat while being handled still at least he is eating so thats a good thing
hopefully he will grow out of it ,maybe he only feels happy enough to eat with company ?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >