Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
court court
New Member!
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:33 PM

Puppy sick

Hi I have a 15 to 16 week old American Eskimo and the lady we got her from said she had been wormed but has not yet had her shots. she got worms and sarted throwing them up yesterday and our neighbor gave her worm med and didn't know it was exp. by six years. she is now not throwing up the worms but gaging and can't hardly move. She can't keep food or even water down. we gave her some pepto for her stomache and some pedia lyte to keep her from dehydrating but I still think she may be. I have NO way to take her to the vet until monday. What should I do?
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:40 PM
phone a vet....now!
keeping my fingers crossed she'll be ok..
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Your pup sounds really ill and should see a vet without delay. Is there no way you can take her or ask someone to help with taking you. To leave her until Monday may be too late. There maybe something other than worms causing her illness. I don't think I would give anything other than water (with something like Lactaid to rehydrate if possible and get her to a vet a.s.a.p.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Having one of our own young dogs in a very bad way after being wormed i would say she needs a vet right away!
court court
New Member!
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Well I called a VET this morning and they told me that they had No room for her today and they are closed tomorrow. They told me she needed to be seen ASAP but I don't know where to take her. There is NO other place around here until monday morning. The vet couldn't tell me anything but to keep her hydrated and watch her constantly until monday...?
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Your pup sounds as if she is really ill, it is very possible that she's having a toxic reaction to the wormer (what breed is she?), and she needs to be seen straight away.... is there no emergency vet-service you can call? I would be very worried about waiting until monday... maybe call the vet again (are they still open) and explain that this has now become an emergency... or otherwise put the pup in the car and go to the vet... if they're open and they see the state she's in, surely they won't send her away without checking her first?
court court
New Member!
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:02 PM
She is an American Eskimo. The vet has already closed for today and YES I AM VERY WORRIED about waiting until MONDAY. we have an emerency vet about twenty mins aways but we don't have the money today so they won't see her.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh dear. I would try to beg, borrow or steal money to get the dog seen by a vet today. You may not have a dog by Monday if she's as ill as she sounds.

What a crappy system. Makes me grateful I live in the UK.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:14 PM
when our little lad had his first reaction to a wormer he was 12weeks old, we got him to the vets within 15/20mins of noticing there was a serious problem and the vet said if it had been left for any longer then there would have been serious damage, as it happens he turned out to be allergic to the wormer had an injection and was back to normal in no time.

Im not trying to scare you but some how the dog needs a vet now or things might turn out worse.
Having been there our selfs i know just how quickly there condition goes down hill at such a young age.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:14 PM
If it were me I would take her anyway - surely if you were face to face they would not refuse to see you. You could give a promise to pay - give em your jewellry, watch, offer anything of value. Do you have any charity organisations as we have here - in England they will always see an animal even if you are not in a position to pay. Do you have anyone else around at the moment who could offer a loan or support in any way. Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >