View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 10:49 PM
They are beautiful dogs Mandy. At my training group there was a woman who came and had a lovely collie, she took him to agility too, he was only young...that bitch wouldn't let him breathe without permission...he used to pee himself! I went mad and asked one of the trainers if she was alright in the head, the old trainer pulled me to one side and told me she was a highly intelligent woman with a great job....and that makes it right?? And as I don't work that makes me what?? The bad owner I guess
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2016, 10:57 PM
I know what you mean Griff, I complained about the way a bloke was treating his dog, shouting at it, no physical abuse but I felt sick hearing it going on. I was told to move away from him if it upset me I'm sure it upset Keshi as well, she used to look at me sometimes with that look, and I used to give her a cuddle. Felt so sorry for the poor dog, it wasn't stupid it was the bluddy bloke.
Mandy your room looks gorgeous, you are very clever, and love the cake, did you make it yourself
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 10:59 PM
I think people like that are pure control freaks who can't control people so they use poor dogs. I like my dogs to have character so if that means people like her don't think I'm a good owner who cares!! I don't want my dog to be scared of breathing round me!! And you are definitely not a bad owner.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 11:01 PM
It's madness isn't it? There were a few who thought the same but said nothing but I have a right mouth on me and if I see wrong I will say it loud...one of the ladies fetched her 11 year old son and he said to his mum he thought the dog was abused....if a kid can pick up on it, it must be damn obvious. You have to wonder, if they are like that in public, what happens at home?
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Oh heck no TW I'm not that clever, that was my aunty, she's amazing. When she got made redundant late last year she made a decision to have a go at turning a hobby into a business and seems to be doing ok at the moment. I will only let her make me cakes if she lets me pay.
The living room been papered by my hubby. He's done a fab job, I helped with picking colours and curtains but thank you
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 11:10 PM
How wonderful that your Aunt can turn her hobby into a business..... Hope she continues to do well. I forget what they call those people who pick the paper and soft furnishings...but you are a good one of those
I best try to sleep, got to fetch Dex back to the vet tomorrow morning
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 11:11 PM
It's awful isn't it. I remember when I first had Rosie there was a chap who used walk his 2 collies on the field next to us, they didn't move without his say so, pick their ball up etc, now I know most would say wow that's amazing but I thought 'where's their character or fun' they just looked fed up to me. I'm all for training but them 2 were like army soldiers.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Goodnight Griff, hope Dex is ok
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Hope Dex is alright tomorrow, Griff. Busy day tomorrow. Alun's coming to fill up the crack in the wall,meanwhile I've been talking to my friend who works for the company that did my ceiling and she said send a piccie over and I'll show the lads tomorrow, done that. Text from youngest son, wants to call in for a cup of tea tomorrow morning around 10am No idea what thats about at all, definitely won't be about a cup of tea, long way to come from Yorkshire for a cup of tea
You're very talented Mandy, need you over here PDQ
Hoping LG hasn't had a relapse without The Mem there to hover over him and make sure He Is Good
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2016, 11:39 PM
I agree about the training,mind you with my dogs 'training' and 'Utonagan' is a contradiction in terms, just reading the email from Ookami's mum tells you that. Its nice to get basics through to them, but can never imagine them being like little soldiers, if they aren't happy and fulfilled then they switch off and retire into themselves. I know, because I foolishly let someone who assured me they were very experienced, have Zillar.I got her back at 17 months (she said she 'couldn't do a thing with her')the poor girl was twice the weight she should have been and completely shut down, she was terrified of everything, going through a door was like being attached to a cannonball. Took me over a year to rehabilitate her and get her to a stage where she could find a new family. She's doing so well now, has a new friend come to live with her recently, Che, Keshi's litter brother and they are enjoying digging the garden up together. But thats what dogs should be like, happy as pigs in muck driving you nuts
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5