Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kerritoo
New Member!
Female 

19-05-2007, 03:33 PM

Moving to Largs, North Ayrshire, Help

Hi everyone I am looking for help with details of dog walks in Largs, Ayrshire, I have an Irish Setter bitch called Kerri and live in Stirling at the moment and walk her every day in Plean Country Park where she can go loose and run for miles, chasing rabbits and squirrels etc, but I am about to move to Largs and only really know of the walks along the front where I am afraid she sometimes chases the kids so can anyone help me with some knowledge of walks that are not near any roads and sheep as I am sure she would chase them, anywhere near to Largs or Fairlie, I think there are some good walks in Fairlie but I am not sure if there are sheep about. Any help would be appreciated and I would love to meet up with any local dog walkers thanks.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2007, 03:40 PM
http://www.ayrshirepaths.org.uk/largs.htm

Or even better, here's a link to a dog walking comapany based in Largs. I'm sure they would know everything you need to know.

http://www.pawstoplay.co.uk/
kerritoo
New Member!
Female 

19-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Many thanks Phil I have emailed them so hopefully they will have some info for me

Christine
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Hope they come back with some suggestions.

It's a great place btw.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Can't help with the walks unless you want to come up here,
But
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi Can't help with walks in Largs or Fairlie but sure the links Phil has posted will. Just wanted to say that I am also in Ayrshire, just outside Irvine about 23 miles from Largs and Maebe is from Irvine too .Abbey pap on here is also from Ayrshire.

Good uck with your move.
kerritoo
New Member!
Female 

20-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Looks great, and two brillian dogs used to have Labradors myself, many thanks
kerritoo
New Member!
Female 

20-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Many thanks for the information maybe we will meet up when I got to Irvine or you to Largs

Christine
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by kerritoo View Post
Many thanks for the information maybe we will meet up when I got to Irvine or you to Largs

Christine
Hi Christine That would be good. Do you show your dog ? As there are a lot of Shows held in the Magnurm in Irvine
Eunice
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

27-05-2007, 10:24 PM
I have friends there and when I visit, we go to the Kelburn park - it is a large estate, owned by Lord Glasgow; however, I think (if my memory serves me correctly), you can become a member and you can then take your dog walking in it. There are good walks within it - uphill too. There is also another park at the other end of Largs - going towards Skelmorlie but not sure what it is called. Then there is the Haylie Brae where there are parts you can take your car into and take the dog walks - but you would have to watch it didn't run down and onto the main road again.

Then there is the Fairlie Moors Road - that takes you up to open fields and the views from that are spectacular! The FMR isn't far from the Haylie Brae, sticking to the main road, going towards Fairley, it is on the left hand side of the main road.

Then there is the Pencil - near the Marina - http://www.ayrshirepaths.org.uk/largspencilwalk.htm

I wish you all the best moving to Largs. It is a lovely wee seaside town. Although it is stretching now! Great fish and chips down there

Take care.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >