Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by sbt4eva View Post
We paid about £90 for Kia.
Seems prices are a lot dearer down south for vet treatments.
She weighed approx 19kg at the time.
Everything is b**dy expensive down here! I think I need to move north
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i hate to say it,but it does sound kinda expensive
Hmmm my normal vet does have a rep for being costly. But they are good. To be honest Maisy has only been to the vet once since we have had her, so its not as if she has gotten used to one vet and I cant move her to another one, plus the lower cost one has been recommended by several people who have had good experiences there. I think I know what il do
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Adele-84 View Post
Hmmm my normal vet does have a rep for being costly. But they are good. To be honest Maisy has only been to the vet once since we have had her, so its not as if she has gotten used to one vet and I cant move her to another one, plus the lower cost one has been recommended by several people who have had good experiences there. I think I know what il do
to be fair,for an op like this(effectively you can only do it once)it wont matter to your girlie if she knows your vet or not,she will have more 'awake' contact with the nurses and assistants.you need to be happy with the vet and their surgery skills.when are you thinking of getting her spayed? why not make a phone call to the other vets,see if you like their attitude first,then if you do,maybe make an appontment for something unrelated to the spay and take it from there,also you can always go back to your other vet after.
also ,double check which surgeon will be doing the op as its not always the same one you may of spoken to before.
im sorry if im stating(?) the obvious
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:35 PM
our bitches we have had done cost us £250 but they had keyhole surgery, but have such a quick recovery time.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Jess the JRT was 120 euro for spaying, whereas inca the NI was 200 euro for a full hysterectomy.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Tiani was, I think, £115 in February this year. She's a 4lb Chihuahua though
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:56 PM
£250 for a westie spay???!!!!! I nearly spat fruit juice all over the keyboard then!!

I can't remember exactly what we used to charge at the vets I worked at but £110 sounds far more realistic. I think Takara's was £140 but that's for over a certain weight - a westie would come below that I would think.

Good luck x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 04:54 AM
I think (remember, I'm old and a bit feeble ) that I paid about £180 for Mya to be done when she came to us three years ago.

She is classed as a "medium"

HTH

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 05:28 AM
This is the one and only area where our vets win around here they do cost by size so Skye cost me £85.00, not sure about Reah as she had hers done during the same time as they were putting her back together, save them knocking her out too many times.
Confess that most of my others in the past were free, as I worked at the vets.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Im having both my girls done next week, one is jusy under 30kg and is costing £130, the other is just over 30 kg and is costing £180. So think maybe £250 for a Westie is way over the top.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >