View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:13 PM
She is stunning hun, I hope all goes ok with the xrays, And you get to the bottom of whats ailing your lovely baby , Good luck hun, And i have my fingers crossed for a good result xxdk
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Maybe you can start her on missing link it is avalible here.
http://www.caninenaturalcures.co.uk/missinglink.htm

we use it, it has glucosamine in it as well as other vits and minerals it will be good for her joint's,my old boy was awful stiff 2 weeks on this stuff he is a puppy again it's brilliant and can't recommend it enough.
Please tell us what the vet find's tommorrow won't you,.xxxxxxx
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:16 PM
You can buy a kind of sling with handles that goes under the tummy so you can support the dog's back end when it needs to go out. It might help or I suppose a large towel might do the same thing. Hope she improves.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2008, 01:08 PM
thanks i will let you all know about her as soon as i can. i spoke to the vet about alternative treatment we already give her glucosamine (1000mg) a day, the vet said that was completely fine and wouldnt recommend anything other. her bed is that thick to put anything under it and its too sore to put anything under her leg. i did think about strapping it up with a bandage to give it a little support but i am not sure.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi Metz,

I really wouldn't strap her leg, just in case you make things worse.Let her get in to the most comfortable position , and try not to touch it. If you think the pain is increasing , get the vet to come.

I hope it all goes well tomorrow, and you find out the problem.
Sending masses of healing hugs
Suzi xxx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 04:42 PM
hi sorry to hear your baby is in pain bless, maybe get a towel and put under back end to hold her up when going to the toilet to help with weight might help a bit. good luck tom hun thinking of you both xx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Metacam does not work for all dogs and you may find that Rimadol or PLT will do the trick, ask the vet to change the anti inflamatory.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I really hope that the Xrays show what the problem is Ash. Metz is such a sweetheart and doesn't deserve to go through all this pain

Try and keep her as comfortable as you can. Take her food too her rather than getting her to stand for it.

Good luck tomorrow and ring me when you hear anything.

Mum xxx
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2008, 06:29 PM
yeah i will mum, as for the food i spoon fed her today lol wish i had a pic. dont worry will wash the spoon before cooking with it lol. see what the vet says and if it isnt a break i will ask for different meds. i will let you all know tomorrow.
thanks
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Poor thing, I hope she's feeling better soon.

Big hugs
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >