View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks folks. Thing is, I don't really have any adverse reactions to a GA, apart from swearing at the people trying to bring me round - highly amusing

I'm teling work tomorrow - they'll be chuffed - NOT.

Ah well.......

I will DEFINITELY keep up with the physio, Em - I have to!

Thanks for your support, guys. I'll need it again once I get the appointment....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Good luck with whichever way you go with this Vicki. Either way, you'll be much better for the op afterwards, although I think it's quite a slow process getting back to normal from a bloke up the road who's had both knees done, but then both knees must be worse than just the one. All the best, hope all goes well, and your decision will be the right one for YOU.xxxx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Try and stay positive Vicki, my father in law has had both his knees done and he coped ok, and older than you.
So you can do this!
I will be seing them in July so will ask him some question about it if you like?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks folks. Thing is, I don't really have any adverse reactions to a GA, apart from swearing at the people trying to bring me round - highly amusing

I'm teling work tomorrow - they'll be chuffed - NOT.

Ah well.......

I will DEFINITELY keep up with the physio, Em - I have to!

Thanks for your support, guys. I'll need it again once I get the appointment....
LOL, Tourettes when coming out of the GA, I'd pay to see that mate LOL
John says his grandmother was like that when coming out of a GA as well. Used to swear like a sailor
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Vicki has tourettes - dont believe it for one second

Good Luck with whichever way you go Vicki, you will be in good hands. xxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:20 PM
{{{Hugs}}} Vicki.....I always get nervous when I have to have an op.....Think everyone does.

Sorry you have to have one on your knee.....Hopefully it'll make it better in the end.

Thinking of you x
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Huge (((((Hugs))))) babe and like Aitch I'm sure you will benefit from the op in the long run.

x x x x x x x x x x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Ouch vicki sounds painful.
I personally would go for a GA but then you know what a wimp I am.
I suppose if you can stomach hearing them chipping away at your bones and seeing it then it would be a better option to have the spine injection and perhaps they will be more gentle with you if your awake to oversee it.
The other thing that would worry me about the spine injection is that it would go wrong and you would never get the feeling back in your legs.
Oh Jeez I think I'll shut up now before I put you right off, I've already terrified myself.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh Vicki

Sorry it's got to go as far as surgery but just think, 2-3 months is nothing when you consider how long you'll be sorted out for!

Never had the spinal option - having had loads of GAs I would always rather go with a GA and longer stay than the thought of an injection in my spine and being awake for it!

But that's just me... if it were upto me, I'd have a GA for endoscopies as they are incredibly stingey with the sedation.

Just remember that it's your decision and your body. You have to be comfortable with what happens so tell them what you want.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Just to add:
I doubt you would see it though - you're more likely to be laid down with a barrier across you so that you can't see what happens but don't quote me on that!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >