Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 12:25 PM

Dog's Temperature Please???

I've forgotten what a normal temperature is?? Is 39.1 high???? I can't get an appt. for Georgie until 4.30 even though I said it might be urgent, so I just took his temp and that's what it is??? Can anyone help me please? He's panting like a looni, holding his head to one side, as if he's got something in his ear? I've checked it all out, it's very red like it was before when she put him on ab's and I think it's an inner ear infection going on yet again. I just need to know the temp. please coz if this is high, he's going straight to the vets whether they like it or not!!! Thanks.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Think it should be 101f to 102f if that helps.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Between 37.2c and 39.2c is normal.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Didn't know for sure - I've just done a search.

one article said
"A normal dog's temperature is higher than ours being 38-39°C. Puppies will have a slightly higher temperature than adult dogs. If your dog has diarrhoea or is overexcited you may also get a false high reading."

so 39.1 would seem to be a little high, but I really don't know how much outside the range quoted is 'serious'. I beleive it can also depend on how you take the reading too.

(((hugs))) to you and Georgie.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Hope Georgie is ok Helen!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys. I did a search and found out it was between 38 and 39.

I'm not happy at all with him, he's acting very, very strangely. Not only is he panting like mad, but he's lying down in Dave's shower room, or in the shower itself!!!!

I'm certain 100% it's something to do with his right ear. I think he's in pain, I've got nothing I can or want to give him till I get to that vet at 4.30. I spoke to his normal vet on the phone yesterday as she rang me to see if he was doing ok, and he WAS. He'd finished a course of ab's last week (3 week course) and I only asked for some Advocate coz I think he's being irritated by mites and that kills mites, but she said she'd rather use Stronghold. I picked up the Stronghold this morning, gave him the 2 pipettes (one for big dog one for small coz he's 45kgs.) and since then he's been like this!!! I would have said it was an allergic reaction to that Stronghold, but it's definitely his ear that's giving him pain and trouble, and it's very, very red inside too.

I think we need to get to the bottom of this right ear trouble, it's been erupting far too often for my liking. I'm thinking they need to investigate further coz they can't see around he corner when they look in with their microscopic tool thingy!

I knew things had gone too quiet around here and "normal"
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Hope George is feeling better can we have an update when you get back please.
Hugs from the Welshies xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Hope all went well at the vets and you now have some idea of what's made his ear go all red.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope it went well with George at the vets.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks so much all of you, I've just posted up the latest on Georgie! xxxx