Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2006, 07:30 PM

Pulling

Not sure if this is the right place to post but if its not sorry

Im just wondering if anyone has used the HALTI Dog Harness not the head collar but the actual harness and if so did it work to help stop pulling?

Or has anyone used another type/brand of harness headcollar etc that helped to stop their dog pulling?

We've tried the halti headcollar and the gentle leader head collar

This is the harness i mean http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/halti-harness.php

Thanks
Megan
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 07:34 PM
A lot of people on here have used a variety of them with great success and I'm sure they'll be along soon. We also tried them but they didn't do it for us. The only thing that seems to work for us is turning around and waking the other way as soon as she pulls.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I couldn't get on with the Halti's either. I have one setter that insists on pulling and almost chokes himself to death in the process. I tried a harness on him, (one of those thin ones that goes closely under the arms), and it was like a miracle, couldn't believe it was the same dog.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 07:45 PM
What I failed to say was that we have always walked Cassie on a harness as well. The best one we found recently is called a 'Perfect Fit' Harness and is 3 separate pieces that clip together. Fits every type of dog as you can buy the pieces in different sizes.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 08:24 PM
canny Collar.. it is a head collar but the connection is behind the head not under the chin.. so the dogs "take" to is better
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Ive always used harnesses and never had a problem with dogs pulling.
My friend's dog pulls her so much, she nearly pulls her over sometimes. She used to use a harness but now uses the HALTI one for her dog and her dog still tries to pull but not half as much as you she used to.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Again the canny collar worked for me - five foot nothing and an exuberant teenage golden retriever now walking in perfect harmony

If you click on the advert which runs down the side of this thread you can see a video of the canny collar in action. Have tried the halti and he just spent his whole time with his paw over the lead. It also used to pinch his lips - neither of these problems with the collar and you don't have to acclimatise them slowly to it as with the halti - it's plug and play
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the replies

will tell my mum about the canny collar and see what she thinks