Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I agree that if it came to it, a new home might be OK. I keep thinking Gnasher's dogs are wolfey but to be honest I have no idea exactly what breed they are! I don't recall it being said.

Dogs are adaptable and if a new home was good for Ben, I see no real reason "why not" as it were It would be more upheaval but might be good at the end of the day.

Wys
x
i also agree re the rehoming
..and Wys..he is a cross breed of sibe/mal/gsd and possibly a dash of collie
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Oh OK thanks, well that is interesting. I always imagined a half wolf at least, crossed with maybe a malamute or summat.

I am sure he is a handsome boy.

Wys
x
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I agree that if it came to it, a new home might be OK. I keep thinking Gnasher's dogs are wolfey but to be honest I have no idea exactly what breed they are! I don't recall it being said.

Dogs are adaptable and if a new home was good for Ben, I see no real reason "why not" as it were It would be more upheaval but might be good at the end of the day.

Wys
x
The op doesn't sound able for the dog.....and is getting stressed, not a good combination really. Sometimes it's just best to know when you're beat, and move on........... JMO
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
this thread does give me that sinking feeling.

i keep envisaging mobs of people walking the streets in the dead of night carrying burning torches.

i feel really really uncomfortable being a witness...
I know. The use of e-collars is an emotive subject.

I feel sure that with time, training, support and a change in thinking Ben will have a good life with Nikki.
DobermannTrust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I have just joined this forum and this is the first thread I've read.

The manner in which so many members have rounded on this individual and verbally attacked her, is quite frankly, disgusting.

This type of bullying behaviour is poisonous. This is clearly not the kind of forum or people I would wish to be associated with. I will be closing my account.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Gnasher what I'd like to know is this:

Did you ever use an ecollar on Hal?

If not, and if as you say, he was more of a git than Ben, why were you so much more tolerant of him than you appear to be of his son?

For so long you've gone on about how much you love your type of dogs spirit, the fact that they aren't obedient but yet, reading your posts, it seems to be obedients you want. Dispite your claiming otherwise, its coming through loud and clear, you want him to be disobedient, but only when its convenient and I'm afraid you can't always have your cake and eat it.

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
As do I.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by DobermannTrust View Post

The manner in which so many members have rounded on this individual and verbally attacked her, is quite frankly, disgusting.

This type of bullying behaviour is poisonous. This is clearly not the kind of forum or people I would wish to be associated with. I will be closing my account.
That is sad. Before closing your account, take a look around some of the other threads (not mentioning e-collar) and you may find it more to your liking.

E-collars are an emotive subject, but, I agree, witch hunts serve no useful purpose and usually have the opposite effect to the one they set out to achieve. They also, unfortunately, detract from useful discussion about the actual topic.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:25 PM

Sorry you feel like that, these types of threads are not the best ones to use to gain an opinion of the overall forum mind. The people here are passionate about animal welfare, as I would expect all animals lovers to be.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:46 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way. There are a few select Dogsey topics that inspire this kind of reaction... It's perhaps unfortunate that this was the first thread you saw, but 99% of the time we are a very welcoming community. But we are a passionate bunch, and if we think that any dog is being mistreated we will always stand up for the dog in favour of sparing the feelings of the owner (Genuinely no bad feelings towards Gnasher from my corner- just vehment disagreement with her choice). That does not excuse any ad hominem attacks on her- not at all, they are quite unnecessary in my opinion.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2011, 11:55 PM

While I don't want to close my account, I can kind of understand where this person is coming from. I understand why e collars are a sensitive subject & are in many cases, innappropriate.

I have seen individuals rounded on & ganged up on for even using what I would consider a mild adversive. I'm a positive trainer, I love having a positive outlook on both training & life. My dogs are well taken care of, they get good food, excersise, enrichment, a nice house to sleep in (though not in MY bed... they have their own). However, I REQUIRE them to be obedient as on a ranch it can be lifesaving, & if I have to raise my voice or use a CM-esque 'touch' to achieve this, then I will do so.

Would I strike them? No & never will, nore will I use e collars or anything like that. But I am not hesitant to make my displeasure of undesired behavior known in some way. I'm not implying this to gnasher's thread, as I believe that expecting a husky-type breed to be an obedient off lead dog is unfair IMHO its like expecting a hunting or hound type dog to be reliable off lead.
Closed Thread
Page 33 of 83 « First < 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 > Last »