Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2009, 08:39 AM

Panto in Cardiff!

John Barrowman is starring in Panto this year in Cardiff's New Theatre, to try and save the theatre as it's cash strapped and he wants to try and save it, according to the paper!

I want to go and see him as I love him to bits!

Are any of you in Cardiff? Or at least know where the theatre is, if there is a hotel near etc?

'Mon the Barrowman!

Thanks very much.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I am not in Cardiff but travel over there quite frequently for concerts at the Stadium and Arena.
The theatre is very central to the main shopping area and Cardiff has lots of hotels - because they have the stadium.
I have stayed in the Holland House hotel which is lovely.
The Hilton on Kingsway is very central.
The Big Sleep is also very central.
Those are the three I know but there are many, many more.
Cardiff Central train station is right in the heart of the city too. So all within walking distance.

Just about to open a massive new shopping centre over there - so may well be taking a trip on the train myself sometime soon.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
John Barrowman is starring in Panto this year in Cardiff's New Theatre, to try and save the theatre as it's cash strapped and he wants to try and save it, according to the paper!

I want to go and see him as I love him to bits!

Are any of you in Cardiff? Or at least know where the theatre is, if there is a hotel near etc?

'Mon the Barrowman!

Thanks very much.
Its on Greyfriars road, right next to town centre & Near to Cathays Train Station!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
I am not in Cardiff but travel over there quite frequently for concerts at the Stadium and Arena.
The theatre is very central to the main shopping area and Cardiff has lots of hotels - because they have the stadium.
I have stayed in the Holland House hotel which is lovely.
The Hilton on Kingsway is very central.
The Big Sleep is also very central.
Those are the three I know but there are many, many more.
Cardiff Central train station is right in the heart of the city too. So all within walking distance.

Just about to open a massive new shopping centre over there - so may well be taking a trip on the train myself sometime soon.
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Its on Greyfriars road, right next to town centre & Near to Cathays Train Station!
Thanks very much for the info, both. It's all good to know.