View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Try alternating the hot and cold packs.It is more effective that way. Sorry A&E were not much help but at least you have some idea what it is and can follow appropriate advise without making things worse. Fudge sends loves as ever.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Just seen this Vicki - poor you ((hugs))

Hope the physio does the trick - and if you try the frozen peas ( which are really excellent as an ice pack) remember to wrap bag in a cotton tea towel first, so it doesn't stick to you!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Awwww sorry to hear this Vicki,must be torture.Hope you feel better soon,though I'd have been to A&E by now,xxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Bless your heart. Hope you feel loads better soon!xxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Vicki, not been on line as pc died and using oh's. So have only just seen this Sorry you are in so much pain, all I can offer is hugs xxxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Aw Vicki... only just seen this thread I hope you are feeling a little better? Hope that leg is elevated and you are taking your painkillers like a good girl? I did my ankle in last year and oh the pain was awful so you have my full sympathies!!! Hope you are soon on your feet again and in the meantime, take advantage of being off of them
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys.

Have just spoken to my boss, who is happy for me to work at home for the rest of this week.
I'm on holiday next week, and hopefully I should be ok at the end of it - at least I hope I'm improved enough to cope with the stairs at work.

I took some painkillers a wee while ago, and they have helped. I'm going back to sit down and elevate my leg, so that they're not wasted.

Thanks all x0x0x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks guys.

Have just spoken to my boss, who is happy for me to work at home for the rest of this week.
I'm on holiday next week, and hopefully I should be ok at the end of it - at least I hope I'm improved enough to cope with the stairs at work.

I took some painkillers a wee while ago, and they have helped. I'm going back to sit down and elevate my leg, so that they're not wasted.

Thanks all x0x0x
Hopefully the 2 weeks will allow you the time to heal Vicki. Feel better soon mate. xxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 06:47 PM
i agree you should get taxi to A&E i feel for you ,its impossible to get by with pain isnt it good luck
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 08:50 PM
The painkillers are starting to wear off, so I can't sit here any longer as it bloody hurts. I can't take any more for another hour, so I'm going to bed.

Thank you, my dear friends, for helping me through this - I honestly don't know what I would do without you all x0x
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >