Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2005, 10:24 AM

Beating Dogs and Laws against it

around the corner from me theres a girl who has two dalmation puppies, my cousin told me last night that he'd seen the girls OH out the back wi them and when one ran into the next back he chased it screaming and shouting, when he got to it app, he booted it and then held it down with his foot on the pups throat who was yelping, to cut a long story short someone told my cuz that the girls father had it out with him cos he took a belt to the dog for peein in the house, i was fuming when i got told this. what i want to know, maybe the scottish members can help me on this one, is if i seen this happening how who would i report it too and what, if anything would happen?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2005, 10:36 AM
First of all I think you would have to be certain that the incidents told to you were right,not saying your cousin is wrong but sometimes things get expanded a little in being passed on,and if it is true do you have the RSPCA in Scotland or the equivalent of.Good Luck,let us know how it goes.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Try the Scottish SPCA: http://www.scottishspca.org/
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Zantababy
First of all I think you would have to be certain that the incidents told to you were right,not saying your cousin is wrong but sometimes things get expanded a little in being passed on,and if it is true do you have the RSPCA in Scotland or the equivalent of.Good Luck,let us know how it goes.

i know what your saying, i wasnt actually going to report this particular incident as i didnt see it, i was actually just wondering what i could do if i ever did see anything like it, where i live you hear often of the tancan so n so gave their dog in the street for doin this n that, i actually hate the police but i wouldnt think twice about reportin somethin like this, i was just actually wonderin if it was worth my while and who would i report anything like this too etc
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 11:54 AM
It would have to be the SSpca in the first instance - however without knowing names and addresses they would be unlikely to be able to do anything

dani
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2005, 01:12 PM
right, see what i was wondering, someone i know who stays in england had her dogs taken off her because the neighbours were complaining that they were yelping because she was never in, app they came and just took the dogs, can they do that up here? like just take your dog off ye outright if they had reason to believe you were mistreating it?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by DonDon
i know what your saying, i wasnt actually going to report this particular incident as i didnt see it, i was actually just wondering what i could do if i ever did see anything like it, where i live you hear often of the tancan so n so gave their dog in the street for doin this n that, i actually hate the police but i wouldnt think twice about reportin somethin like this, i was just actually wonderin if it was worth my while and who would i report anything like this too etc
I understand what you are saying now,I think the link some of the other people gave you would be the way to go.I think sometimes even here things don't always have the outcome you hope they would have.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 02:52 PM
hi donna

they are limited to what they can do - if there was a report of dogs being left all day for example, they would go round, if no-one in they leave a card ( put a tape seal on the door ) they go back the next day and check to see if the seal has been broken - if it has they know the dog hasnt been abandoned - and it depends on what the person then says when they call up the number on the card - they woudl do a visit and see if they are satisfied.

To my knowledge they cant just go round and remove animals without evidence.