Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 05:27 PM
I have a friend In the lakes and she's said the same Chris.. it's chaos
I have been wearing just a vest today so it's obviously hot...oh..I do have jeggings on lol
My brother is in Bangkok and it was 9pm at night and 34!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2019, 06:00 PM
griff what a nightmare.

We have been to the garden centre and got a lactose free egg for Joel's girlfriend it's also everything else free to.
Hoping her and Joel will be at Mark and Lauren's tomorrow as we have just been invited for a cuppa.

Went into Godmanchester after the garden centre sat by the river eating an ice cream and near the swan who was nesting. Then took a walk beside the river and got to a lock and watched the boats going in then out and reminiscing about the days we use to do it and wondering would we be able to do it again ????? Decided probably not.
So many dogs out today being walked in the heat mid afternoon onwards and not a water bottle in sight. Makes my blood boil we are walking Dillon by 7.30 and home by 8.30 at latest and although he doesn't like being left behind much better for him. We can then all sit in the garden in the shade together when back and listen to the man next door sing.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 06:10 PM
Hope you get to see Joel tomorrow Lynn
Yes an absolute nightmare, I have just bought a big planter with trellis attached to put in the front garden to stop them doing anything else, it's another £25 I don't have but not going to get the fence done for a couple of weeks
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-04-2019, 06:42 PM
Griff, it must be so frustrating and I feel for your neighbour (The trainee vet) who has to get to work. I wonder if you could 'borrow' a few cones from a road works near you, put them back when the fence is done of course

Like all of us it has been warm down here but that's fine by me. We did the weekly shop, didn't see any dogs but if we had gone into town I dare say there would have been dogs without water and people just ignoring them. Makes me angry to see it as well.

Well voice from kitchen just said 'dinners on the table' so better go, regards to all of you
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Lol Harvey, I would happily buy cones but they won't take any notice, they just do as they please
Enjoy your dinner
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Evening all.

Cracking day here weather wise as it seems the country is. Garden progressing nicely. Griff do your neighbours not have a drive? that house seems destined to have nightmare neighbours. Gert fast asleep on the sofa really enjoying being in the garden I think mind you I am too.

Have a good day tomorrow all I am back in the garden like today as long as there is light.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Nope, the drive runs lengthways behind the 4 houses, mine and my Asian neighbours garages are at the top face on we have 3 parking spaces each... well 2 if you have large cars, the awful neighbours garage is to the side halfway up the drive and they are only entitled to drive in and out of the drive as if they park outside the garage we are blocked in, it's very cleverly thought out, there's a section where nobody can park to ensure that 27, 29 and 31 have free movement...that's why 27 have no parking as we are allowed to pass and repass freely...not sure if I have a picture
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 08:13 PM
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Mine is the blue fence, next door... problem neighbours fence is brown, their garage is just at the end of that fence, my property ends at the first pillar of that garage, my half decent neighbours property mirrors mine and the house at the ends property begins at my bad neighbours first garage pillar, the remaining land at the top of the drive..so a quarter is to be left clear so the 3 properties can access their drives and next door...their garage, nobody is allowed to park in front of the bad neighbours garage as if my decent neighbour parks at the end of her property we are blocked in, they have no legal right to it, we have had a solicitor write to my old neighbours who in all fairness listed the property with vehicle access to garage only....that's why a local lad wouldn't buy the property as there's no parking, the estate agent clearly highlighted garage access only but this pair of idiots didn't bother reading the listing. It's already cost £500 in solicitors fees and another £30 to put a sign up stating private parking
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Mine is the blue fence, next door... problem neighbours fence is brown, their garage is just at the end of that fence, my property ends at the first pillar of that garage, my half decent neighbours property mirrors mine and the house at the ends property begins at my bad neighbours first garage pillar, the remaining land at the top of the drive..so a quarter is to be left clear so the 3 properties can access their drives and next door...their garage, nobody is allowed to park in front of the bad neighbours garage as if my decent neighbour parks at the end of her property we are blocked in, they have no legal right to it, we have had a solicitor write to my old neighbours who in all fairness listed the property with vehicle access to garage only....that's why a local lad wouldn't buy the property as there's no parking, the estate agent clearly highlighted garage access only but this pair of idiots didn't bother reading the listing. It's already cost £500 in solicitors fees and another £30 to put a sign up stating private parking
Ahh got it bit of a nightmare for most concerned as a lot of people would need parking these days. Parking appears to be a massive neighbourhood dispute in lots of places....when we get new neighbours in the town houses it takes a week or so to get sorted everyone has their spot although they have no rights to any where specific as just road parking, we all do but they don't and also limited road parking as a cul de sac we to be honest were sorted till council knocked down bungalows and added new houses with no parking. But pretty much settled happily. Thank God
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >