Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Ancos root chews.

Has anyone tried antos root chews with their dogs? I'm wondering about getting a couple for Remus and Tonks. Also the split antlers. Mine won't touch stag bars...well the first Tonks had she ate in ten hours...almost solid chewing...than has never touched one since. I'm wondering how easy the easy ones are. I think Remus would be ok,but wondering if Tonks will be able to just snap it as soon as she gets it. I wouldn't want her to try swallowing bits whole.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Don't bother, Penelope has one and she virtually never bothers with it.
It was pretty expensive, she literally has a tiny nibble on it once in a blue moon when she can't find anything else.

Try fallow deer antler, they are very soft.
Penelope is always chewing on hers, she has. Stag bars too but they are nowhere near as popular as the fallow antler.

www.ecodogcompany.com
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Never heard of them, but will check them out. Mine have Stag Bars - I buy them in three different sizes for my three different sized dogs, but why I bother I don't know - within minutes they've swapped.

They enjoy the stag bars, but are quite happy to leave them and come back hours or days later. So far they've never shown any possessiveness over them - if they have bones I always prefer to play it safe and separate them.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
Don't bother, Penelope has one and she virtually never bothers with it.
It was pretty expensive, she literally has a tiny nibble on it once in a blue moon when she can't find anything else.

Try fallow deer antler, they are very soft.
Penelope is always chewing on hers, she has. Stag bars too but they are nowhere near as popular as the fallow antler.

www.ecodogcompany.com
Oh they look good. I'll try them. Tonks can be a really hard chewer...but just not bothered with the stag bar. Maybe it's not worth the effort.
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Never heard of them, but will check them out. Mine have Stag Bars - I buy them in three different sizes for my three different sized dogs, but why I bother I don't know - within minutes they've swapped.

They enjoy the stag bars, but are quite happy to leave them and come back hours or days later. So far they've never shown any possessiveness over them - if they have bones I always prefer to play it safe and separate them.
Mine have handbags over various things..but nothing serious at all, just the odd charge and growl from each other. Most of the time they are fine, will even share the same one! Or Tonks will be chewing and Remus will be trying to lie on her head to have a snooze.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Oh they look good. I'll try them. Tonks can be a really hard chewer...but just not bothered with the stag bar. Maybe it's not worth the effort.

Mine have handbags over various things..but nothing serious at all, just the odd charge and growl from each other. Most of the time they are fine, will even share the same one! Or Tonks will be chewing and Remus will be trying to lie on her head to have a snooze.
Mine have handbags? What does that mean? Never heard it before xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Mine have handbags? What does that mean? Never heard it before xx
Handbags at dawn! Oft said when it is women who are fighting! The feminine version of 'pistols at dawn'.

You are so innocent Eileen!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Handbags at dawn! Oft said when it is women who are fighting! The feminine version of 'pistols at dawn'.

You are so innocent Eileen!
I honestly never heard either of them in my life!!
Have a vision in my head now of Tonks carrying a handbag
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Hehe! Yes 'handbags!' A little tiff! Maybe it's not a common phrase in your parts. : )