Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 10:27 AM

Our Dogs online.

Does anyone subscribe to our dogs online that wouldnt mind copying the breed noted for me just one time? WHS have sold out and I need a copy to email to some of the discover dogs helpers.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:02 AM
I dont subscribe to it online Dawn, But i'm off to a friends in an hour and she gets both Our Dogs and Dog World.
If you tell me what you want copying and the date of the paper it was in i'll check to see if i can get the pages you need off her
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
I dont subscribe to it online Dawn, But i'm off to a friends in an hour and she gets both Our Dogs and Dog World.
If you tell me what you want copying and the date of the paper it was in i'll check to see if i can get the pages you need off her
Thank you.

Its the Border Terrier breed notes from last Friday I believe, its with the discover dogs write up I did for the column. Thanks again.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Ok got the paper for you Dawn.
Would you like me to post you the page as well so that you have it to keep?

Here's what it says...

Dawn Bladen and her team had a busy four days manning the discovery dogs booth. Dawn writes " This year discovery dogs had many ups and downs, I really struggled to find helpers on the Thursday, thankfully I managed in the end, and to those people, thank you.
The show went without a hitch, and we had on each day, at least one dog either stripped as a demonstration or half stripped to give owners a chance to see how the Borders coat should be cared for.
I think this helped a lot and I am confident many of those people who watched will now try it themselves. We had the usual questions on training, coat and temperament, and as always the dogs on show behaved impeccably throughout, all were a credit to the breed.
I'd like to mention now, that if anyone can help next year, especially on weekdays it would be appreciated. I want to thank all those that helped, especially John Dace, who did two full days inspite of breaking down at the NEC on the Thursday, and to all the others, thank you. Your Help is very much appreciated. Without the volunteers Discovery Dogs wouldn't be the huge success it was.
The volunteers this year were John Dace, Jan Morgan - Birtles, Julie Hill, Mike and Jan Hollingsby, Beverly and Rebecca Barber, Jem and Helen Thomas , Claire Ricks, Jane O'Shea, Charlie and Linda Cadman, Tracey James, Sue Lloyd and of course Dawn herself who did an absolutely sterling job in co-ordinating it all.
We should all be very grateful to these people for giving so much of their time to this important area and if any of you are able to and would like to help out next year then please let Dawn know.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Thats really kind of you, thanks so much its exactly what I wanted. I can get a "hard" copy later from somebody, its what you have kindly typed out what I needed, you are a star!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats really kind of you, thanks so much its exactly what I wanted. I can get a "hard" copy later from somebody, its what you have kindly typed out what I needed, you are a star!
Your very welcome. I'm not a star though, far from it! Just someone that likes to help if I can, and perhaps right a few wrongs from many years ago when I was rude to you on another forum when I really should have known better
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Your very welcome. I'm not a star though, far from it! Just someone that likes to help if I can, and perhaps right a few wrongs from many years ago when I was rude to you on another forum when I really should have known better
Wouldnt worry about that, all forgotten, and certainly forgiven, we all say things in the heat of the moment, I dont hold grudges, my mouth runs riot too, but as Im sure with you, its the dogs we care about and thats what matters at the end of the day.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Dawn, I'm sure I must have seen you at least once in my life As you have borders and are in the Midlands, I also see John Dace did discover dogs, we know him quite well. I'll have to keep an eye out for you at shows!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Wheaten mad View Post
Dawn, I'm sure I must have seen you at least once in my life As you have borders and are in the Midlands, I also see John Dace did discover dogs, we know him quite well. I'll have to keep an eye out for you at shows!
We probably have seen eachother, Ive known John for about 17yrs.