Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2009, 05:17 PM

Moving Itunes stuff.....help needed.

My laptop has packed up and it is the pc that my I touch is synced too. How can I move my paid for I tunes music and applications onto another pc/accouint. When I plug my itouch into the main pc I know it will re sync and wipe it and so need to have everything ready to put back on....I can access my laptop by using a separate monitor if that is any help?

Any taker?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Anyone? My laptop moniitor is officially dead...
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 10:07 AM
I know this can be done but don't know how - we have it on our main pc and a laptop! Will find out if I can but OH is in the worst ever mood today so not a great day to ask!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks Rach, I can wait patiently.....We already have itunes on our main pc but a separate account if you know what I mean, my I touch was synced to the laptop which is where all my purchases are!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Don't know if these are any help but might be worth a tryespecially if you can use the laptop with an external monitor so you can see what you are doing LOL

http://mordani.com/blogs/rohit/2007/...ter-to-another

http://ipod.about.com/od/howtos/a/transfer_itunes.htm

Hope thats some help
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Worth going to a local Computer repair shop.

I have had machines that 'die' on me.

Look at it this way - any data you have stored on your machine is stored on a hard drive. A repair shop should have the facilities to copy the data from one drive to another. You may of course be very unlucky and discover that your problem is the hard drive - but assuming it is not - data can be recovered - but the drive has to be connected to another machine.

When I went with mine it cost me the £25 basic charge and the cost of a usb memory stick that they transferred the data on to. At that time I did not have one.

Good luck
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 12:06 PM
No joy as yet Rachael but I think we have the same account on both so not sure how it works!

If he gets back to me (although he was late for work so might just be caught up!) will let you know.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry Rach it seems I was wrong - we access the account on the laptop but don't sync to it - so if our pc died we would be the same - eek!!!

Sorry for misleading you - personally that's rubbish isn't it - surely itunes must be able to sort out? nightmare!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2009, 03:15 PM
This happened to my neighbour last year after he spilt tea over all his. From what I remember as I was go between he took it round to my mates he hooked the laptop HDD to his and saved any documents/pictures on there and backed up other things such as iTunes and game saves etc etc.

My neighbour now always backs up everything regulary and iTunes everytime he purchases something.
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I was always told - back up your hard drive. I do now - after several disasters. The cost of a DVD-R or a usb memory stick is little compared to the feeling you get when you have lost everything.

Why do we always learn the hard way?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >