Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2009, 06:22 AM

Always a warm welcome!

I've just returned from spending Christmas and New Year in the UK, and as usual Beki has missed me. My husband tells me she sits on the balcony looking for me, or gazing out of the window.

I hate being away from her, even though my husband spoils her rotten, but I love the moment I walk back in the door. She goes absolutely mad with excitement and won't leave my side for days. I wish I could explain to her that when I go away I will be coming back.

It's going to be difficult in April as I have to be back in the UK for the birth of my first grandchild, so may have to stay away for a couple of months...poor Beki!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Its a lovely feeling being welcomed back, isn't it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 07:03 AM
I get that mental type of welcome if I just pop to the neighbours house for 10 minutes.

Lovely!
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Haha Vicki...I know what you mean..I do too. But if I'm away for a couple of weeks, she seems to save it all up!

If I'm going out for a couple of hours, we have a kind of routine. I give her a chewstick or treat before I leave. Sometimes I'm in a rush and I forget, but if so Beki barks and I can hear her as I go downstairs, out of the building and up the road. So I have to quickly return and give her a treat...leave again...not another sound!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Get her a pet passport and bring her with you!!!
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Hi everyone.

It's been an awful long time since I visited this forum and I thought I would update you. I lost my precious Beki in June this year. She was 10 years old and I had her from the time I rescued her from the streets when she was 2 weeks old.

She had cancer and even though the vets did what they could to save her, she didn't survive. Sadly, because it's difficult to find a vet here who will euthanise, Beki suffered needlessly for almost two weeks. I knew she was dying. I wanted her to go peacefully, but no-one would listen to me. You have no idea how hard it is for a woman (and a foreigner) to make yourself heard in this male-dominated country.

It was an extremely traumatic time for Beki and for me. One I never want to experience again. I have fortunately now found a vet I can trust. I still have Poppy who I rescued a couple of years ago when she was 3 yrs old..full of fleas, ticks, worms, mange..and very malnourished..just skin and bone. That's Poppy in my avatar. She is gorgeous. Lovable and utterly spoilt!

I am also involved with a dog rescue charity here in Turkey run by a lovely woman called Karen. She has been rescuing dogs from the streets for nearly 10 years. She has more than 70 dogs in her shelter, and has had many dogs adopted by people in the UK and Europe. She relies on donations and fundraising for adoption, fostering and sponsorship..and a considerable amount of her own money!

It's nice to be back on the forum again and I look forward to catching up and interacting with everyone.

Edited: I tried to include a link to the Turkish Animal Group (T.A.G) but was unable to. If anyone wants further information about this charity...let me know