View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 06:53 PM

GMTV discuss "dangerous dogs" tomorrow morning.

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I will post it anyway.

GMTV are discussing dangerous dogs tomorrow, like, for example, whether it's the owners who should be punished etc.

So come on guys, let's educate them and the general public who don't have a clue! Send in your experiences and thoughts now in time for tomorrow morning! It's from 6am.

Here's the link:

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=678
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Come on, guys!!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Hi!

I'm watching it..will maybe send in a comment too, it's on in 5 mins.

Deedee xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2008, 08:02 AM
The guy from K9 magazine was on and spoke quite a lot of sense I thought. He had a beautiful 2yr old Rottie girl he has had her from 8 weeks and said she is lovely in temperament but he would and no body else should ever consider leaving your dog and children together.
He also felt we should have some sort of central data base system for dog owners like they do for taxing your car and if you fail to renew your license you are fined a couple of times if you persist the dog is removed the same as they fine and remove your car for not taxing it. Also there should be training on how to be a responsible owner. Think we have spoken about that on here and said educating people is the way to go.
Don't know if any of it will ever get done though.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 08:10 AM
The RSPCA have just issued a press release (Radio 5) about preventing owners `using dogs as weapons`. I assume they`re targeting the inner-city gangs etc. They are calling for more neutering / microchipping - although I don`t see how that will help. On a positive note, the interviewer was stressing `deed not breed`.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Why don't here have the same rules for dangerous dogs as America have, it would I think make people more responsible if they thought they would get in big dodo if there dog attacked,.
I think if i'm wrong correct me here!
Is it not if your dog attackes someone, it is your fault not the dogs and you get manslaughter charge, the poor dog still gets put to sleep but the owner is also charged.