Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 06:30 PM

What's eating Archie?

Goodness only knows!

I was sitting by the computer in the kitchen, next to the sitting room door, kids were watching the tv and the dogs were having a post dinner wrestle next to the couch (also in the sitting room). Suddenly Archie is yelping and then screaming and crying and scarpers off to his crate still crying and yelping the house down for at least a full minute.
Willow comes in after him looking all concerned and trying to check him out.

I've had a look over him and all seems well. But 10min later the wee mite is still shivering and the tail is staying clamped down. He's coming over to the kids for cuddles; but reluctant to come to me. Not a happy bunny at all, whatever happened him.

There was no growling or agression from either dog at the time, they were playing with each other, with no toys or anything.

I'm clueless, and for now it seems he's blaming me!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 08:11 PM
oh bless may be it was a game that just went a bit to far my sophie has times likes this she will be playing with gizmo then she will scream and cry and run away. i think gizmo might of bite a bit to hard on an ear or some where, i just give a quick check tell its ok and let them get on with it. she always goes back for more so nothing to bad.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm worried about Archie.
A physical check again didn't reveal anything to worry about, but his demeanor all evening is odd. He's stayed in his crate all evening and cowers and shakes anytime I come near him.

Willow has been lying in the sitting room with me and rather than come and lie with her as usual he's opted to lie in his crate. If he hears noises outside he's usually first on his toes checking it out, but he hasn't moved all evening.

He just seems very nervous, esp of me.

When he squealed that time he then came running into the kitchen past me; I think he's blamed me for what ever pain he had at the time. I feel awful and I was sitting at the other side of the door when whatever it was happened!

I do hope he is back to his usual self tomorrow.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 11:42 AM
He's a bit more back to himself this morning, but not fully. He came over to me wagging his tail when I got up this morning, at half mast, not clamped down like last night, but not bolt upright like it usually is and he wasn't leaping round me as usual, but at least he's willing to approach me now!

Willow tried to instigate play between the two of them, but he gave a bark and went to his crate. He's usually gunning for a play and pesters her for a game.

He's eating fine thank goodness.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Poor Archie (and poor you, seemingly getting the blame!).

I hope he continues to recover - I guess you'll never find out exactly what happened.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Poor little Archie it sounds as though he was in pain.
Is he relieving himself ok .

Evie I would sit on the floor with some of Archies favourite tipbits so that he can come to you in his own time for a gentle play and cuddle (If you sit on the floor dogs often come to look out of curiosity ) I hope he is better soon..xx