Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Laptop Help

My sister has a Toshiba Satellite L20-173, for some reason it's suddenly lost her internet connection. When I had a look at it not only has she lost all connections, restore has been switched off and when I click on System, Device Manager the 'device manager' box appears but it's completely empty

She says it didn't come with any recovery discs, so does anybody know how to restore to factory settings? She also can't find any books on it I've had a quick look online but can't find it listed........help please
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Sounds odd, usually nowadays you just have to hit F10 as the computer boots up (starts up) this usually takes you into the recovery screen. Have you tried starting up in safe mode - press F8 as the computer starts up.

I hope you get it all going again, but I think there might be a problem with the laptop top itself.

Ian
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
My sister has a Toshiba Satellite L20-173, for some reason it's suddenly lost her internet connection. When I had a look at it not only has she lost all connections, restore has been switched off and when I click on System, Device Manager the 'device manager' box appears but it's completely empty

She says it didn't come with any recovery discs, so does anybody know how to restore to factory settings? She also can't find any books on it I've had a quick look online but can't find it listed........help please
should have been a restore disk with it and the preinstalled software go to toshiba europe register your laptop and they are very helpfull
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.c...n=search&page=
restore can be turned of when not needed but you should atleast have the system disk look under the notebook if a tab is there with the number ? if you have to pay for one get the vista upgrade costs less