View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2006, 11:17 PM

Fed up with people ranting on about dangerous or so called "devil dogs"!

i'm disgusted with the amount of people ranting on about dangerous or so called "devil dogs" !

anyone with a small amount of sense will know that all dogs can be dangerous in the wrong hands, regardless of size and strength.....

obviously, a larger type breed will do more damage but even toy dogs could seriously hurt somebody! possibly worse if they were to be mistreated or brought up with no sense of control or obedience.

its not the actions of the whole breed(whatever breed is concerned) that gives them a bad reputation, its ignorance by the handler and general stereotypical views by single minded ignorant people that gives these dogs a bad name.......

unfortunatly, many dog owners these days fail to educate themselves on a particular breed before they aquire their ideal dog...... resulting in them either getting rid of the dog because they couldnt handle it or the dog attacking a person or another dog....

im not sure what can be done to stop these ignorant views, i just wish people wouldnt point the finger at an entire breed for the minority of aggressive dogs.

a dog will learn from its teacher
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Exactly! I partly blame the tabloids for sensationalising. See my post on the general subject...
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

17-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I agree with the both of you.....you never hear about the pet lab that bad bit the neighbours child/cousin/auntie etc, but by god if it was an EBT, Staffie, Mastiff, etc it would read "DEvil DOg mauls child etc etc".....
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

On January 17th 1967, (I remember it clearly, because it was the night my Dad passed away) one of my elder sisters went round the phone box to phone an ambulance and was bitten by a Dachshund puppy!

It actually jumped up and bit her on the knee !

We knew the woman who was with it, she was out with the " Mum Dachshund" and the pup, but it wasn't as if Jean had gone near to them, the dog just did it "out of the blue".
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2006, 09:15 AM
"POSSESED DACHSHUND PUPPY SAVAGELY ATTACKS WOMAN'S KNEE!" doesn't really work, does it?

Sorry to hear about the circumstances that made that especially meorable though!
deedee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by rich c
"POSSESED DACHSHUND PUPPY SAVAGELY ATTACKS WOMAN'S KNEE!" doesn't really work, does it?

Sorry to hear about the circumstances that made that especially meorable though!
that was uncalled for
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by deedee
that was uncalled for
deedee im sure rich didnt mean that in a horrible way, or to offend anyone, it was ment light heartedly

all animals have the capability of being nasty and aggressive in the wrong hands, but im afraid its something we will never stop happening
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Deedee, RichC wasnt being offensive Im sure. I believe he was actually agreeing with you with humour. He was pointing out that when a large breed or bull breed attacks someone, then the papers report it as a dangerous breed, but when a small breed attacks someone then the papers dont report it because it doesnt have the same impact.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 10:07 AM
anyone with a small amount of sense will know that all dogs can be dangerous in the wrong hands, regardless of size and strength.....
I agree but in my opinion its the larger ones that are far more difficult to control in most situations that get out of hand in public, this is why they get the headlines.
Dawn.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Deedee, RichC wasnt being offensive Im sure. I believe he was actually agreeing with you with humour. He was pointing out that when a large breed or bull breed attacks someone, then the papers report it as a dangerous breed, but when a small breed attacks someone then the papers dont report it because it doesnt have the same impact.
Exactly! I thought the emoticons would have made that clear...

(You'll have to excuse me, I'll poke fun at most things...)
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »