Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 08:50 AM

Large sized harness

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get an extremely large sized harness? Zane has broken his. It just snapped. Having said that, it is extremely old (I had it for my last dog) and no longer has the labels on it so I've no idea where I got it from.

Zane has an incredibly large/deep chest and the standard XL or XXL sizes I can buy from most places just aren't big enough. Even those with cm measurements on don't fit, even though the size range on the package will correspond to his chest size.

it's not the end of the world if I don't get one straight away as he has normal on lead road walks and a lot of time of lead (in fact he's better off lead than on it).

But sometimes I like to go back to basics, so to speak and take through the basic training we did, including the basics of recall.

I did think of making one myself so it would be made to measure but I can't find anywhere that sells the material strong enough. He doesn't pull but I want to make sure that if he ever does decide to go running off, that the harness (whether bought or made) wil be strong enough to hold him.

Laura xx
Tiggs
New Member!
Female 

05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Hello, I have just looked at mine and it's label says "dogs life". My local pet shop ordered it in for Tiggs as they didn't have one big enough at the time. I hope this helps.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't know what breed Zane is, but when my GSD outgrew his XL harness I ended up ordering an EzyDog harness (and one for Kiki - Rottie x GSD who's got a very deep chest so needs a larger harness than you'd think for her height/frame).
http://www.ezydoguk.co.uk/index.php?...ex&cPath=24_62
Might be worth seeing if the XL will fit - my two still have quite a lot of room to enlarge them so I imagine they'll fit a dog bigger than a large GSD, but not sure what the maximum measurements are. Think they may have a fitting chart of their site which may state them.
The harness has quite a wide chest plate which may help distrubute the strength and stop the harness from snapping quite so easily, they do seem very strong to me.
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
This Fleece harness comes in sections for a perfect fit and apparently goes up to giant breeds. They also do another sort which might be suitable.
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
We have one of the perfect fit harnesses, they are good if they have a size to fit Zane. Stan is more than happy in his
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Snugglepets! They do a gorgeous black and silver one (not the fleece ones), which you can mix and match with different sized top and bottom (is it the Jigsaw I think?), and they're fantastic to talk to on the phone if you want a special sized one, so I wouldn't hesitate, give them a ring, they're very helpful.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi,

Thanks vefy much for your suggestions. I'll look into them all and see what may be best for Zane. The problemn is his size - he's way oversized for a GSD anyway but his chest is incredibly deep, which doesn't help.

Laura xx
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Try emailing some of the smaller/newer companies. They might be able to make one to fit?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Thanks vefy much for your suggestions. I'll look into them all and see what may be best for Zane. The problemn is his size - he's way oversized for a GSD anyway but his chest is incredibly deep, which doesn't help.

Laura xx
I phoned Culpeppers and the guy (he makes them himself), took my dogs measurements over the phone and told me exactly what size I would need. He also said he can make to order, so I am thinking this may be ideal for Zane?
Pmd you the link justincase you are interested. The service was brilliant and the harness and other stuff I ordered arrived the very, very quickly xxxx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 06:36 PM
ps the quality is brill too xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >