Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by RedyreRotties View Post
Definitely worth it!

Here is how to tell whether your dog or your spouse loves you more.

Place both in the trunk (boot) of your car. Wait 20 minutes. Open it up and see which one is happy to see you.

classic

I have to say my relashionship with rotties has been one of the longest loves of my life,
its like when I met dougie, its all great and brill, but 13 years down the line, its not so brill with dougie,
but 13 years down the line with my rotties, is still like the very first day.....

not sure what that says about me though
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:28 PM
It is hugely comforting..................
caring for creatures who love you - no matter what you look like or feel like, no matter how much (or little) housework you do - and who think you`re the best cook in the world (especially if it`s raw!)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Love love and more love

Pockets full of poo bags, biscuits and treats.
Clothes covered in hair and mud.
Furniture permenantly covered and guarded against dogs.
Apologising to neighbours friends and family for the wet nose shoved up thier crotch.
Walks come rain hail sun or snow.
Expense after expense.
Not being able to just up sticks and go away for a few days.
Bringing home my last peice of Scampy from my pub lunch!

Having said all that, the unconditional love makes up for all of it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 04:05 PM
When Mya gets me up in the middle of the night for a pee - a pain in the butt.

When Lennon has to be taken for a walk THREE times, also in the middle of the night - a pain in the butt.

Being covered in a layer of dog hair practically 24/7 - a pain in the butt.

However.....

I cannot bear to be without them. I once had a period of 8 months when I was dog-less. Never again.

To be wuffed at and talked to when the treat jar is in my hand - priceless!

To be brought a toy and a very waggy bum when I get home - priceless!

To see the joy on Len's face when he realises there's an extra walk coming up - priceless!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 04:48 PM
awwwwww you've all brought tears to my eyes, you really have. Too many to address indvidually but some of the comments had me in stiches and all of you brought me to tears.

Keep them coming......

xxxx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 05:11 PM
it is daphni being extremely annoying and being horribly picky over what food she is going to eat one day from the next. (although saying that shes getting better)

its daphni thinking its fun to go and roll on a dead mole that one of the cats brought, right after having her bath.

its her showing me up in the show ring, and deciding she doesnt want to walk any further

but there are soooooo many more things that make me smile.

its her wag wag wagging when i come home from college.
her sitting on my tummy with her legs either side of my shoulders, i swear she is giving me a hug
its her not leaving my side when i was sick all day and night.
its how she curls up in my bed, with head on pillow, keeping me warm

as for if its worth it of course it is!!! people think i am mad that i want more, and i know for a fact people get bored because all i do is talk about dogs. people cant believe the ammount i spend on her because afterall "shes just a dog"

i love her and wouldnt have it any other way
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Well the Border Collie household....let me see.

Its Skye pussyfooting about going for a wee, because she doesn't like the fact that I haven't been and picked up those two poo's that are there....OK its P'ing down with rain Skye ...now please go OUT.
The the pussyfooting back in and the longing looks from down the garden that says.....Moooooooooooooooooooom come and get me......Skye its P'ing down with rain now get IN

Its Reah the junkie food dog....or should we just say the gannet, and the costly obstruction charges from the vet, or the days of mad panic trying to unbung her

Oh! then Bruce who feels everyone and anyone can come in, even complete strangers....woooooowooooooooo lets play, have a cuppa....Mom get this person a cuppa....have a piece of cake...............................NOW try leaving and watch me bark like crazy as you go out the door, spin, bark,spin,bark ...... who said Bruce is mixed up........whoops they are coming back in.....quick wheres my toys...MOM...another cuppa over here please now where's the biscuits , give the chap a biscuit, I'll share it with them

Its 16 tons of mud through the house, and the half bramble bush that Skye has attached to her tail, its trying to bath Skye.....who loves any water as long as its not bath water.
And the fact that when Bruce is all....''lets go Mom on that walk''.... the chairs in the living room are an obstacle course.
And Hairs...........................

However those gentle can we pop our head on your knee, can we whisper sweet snorts down your ear.....and can Bruce nibble your nose
the Mom is sat down so all three of us can now sit on top of her, the gentle snoozing of Bruce in my arms, the pinky girly looks of Skye and Reah's huge grinny smile.....well who could ever be without them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
The muddy paws the hair and the wanting to go out just when I settle down to Dogsey. The getting me up some nights just because he wants me on the sofa so he can go too sleep. Me feeling guilty about going out and leaving him for more than a couple of hours.

When he comes to say thank you for his food and having big cuddles, his constantly wagging tail, his greeting me when I come home and herding me to my chair and sitting on my feet so I cannot go out again, worth all the interruptions on the odd night when I am asleep and the guilty feeling of going out.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 05:23 PM
ok...

It's when someone is at the door and Ben will insist on barking and barking and barking and chasing poor Poppy away coz it's HIS job

It's when said person comes in and Ben continues to bark and bark and chase poor Poppy away

It's the way that Poppy will leap into the car with a smile but Ben see it as the Anti Christ

It's Poppy who refuses to go out for her last pee and poo coz it's Pi**ing down, or she is too intent on what is going on over the fence, or what Ben is doing so then leaves you a lovely little present on the kitchen floor in the morning.

It's Poppy being totally fixated on Ben and will NOT give you eye contact

The endless hoovering and mopping.

But....It's also the gentle eyes of Ben and the way he puts his head on your lap (especially when you have food)

The way Poppy will cuddle you and snuffle your nose with hers.

The joy of running, running, running.

Yes they can make you look a fool, yes they can be exhausting. yes they do sometimes make you question your sanity.

But I would never, ever ever be without my Ben and Poppy xxxxxxxxx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 05:32 PM
What are they REALLY like...well...how about when your puppy throws up a Tampon (yes, a Tampon, don't ask because I have NO idea!) in the middle of training class. Or when your dog eats a poo as soon as it comes out of another dogs butt (it didn't even hit the ground ), much to my sheer embarrassment. Such delightful creatures don't can be!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »