Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 10:28 AM

I'm finally escaping

Well I've been at my current job for 12 years, as you all know I have a form of depression which means I can be off a lot. Well it has got to the stage at work where I needed to make a choice. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So next week I finish work.

There are a few reasons for this, it's going to sort out some bits financially for us. Also it will help me to bond with my little boy again. I feel like all I'm doing is getting home, rushing around and not really getting any time with him or with my husband. I've been working full time since he was 3 months old and it feels like I barely know him. Last year when I had the summer off with being down I found Davie came on leaps and bounds in behaviour and school work. So I'm taking some time out for myself, him and my OH, and then I am going to look for a job I want to do instead of taking a job just to pay the bills.

Realistically i know that is going to be very very difficult but if it means me going to college or something then so be it. I want to take my time and not rush into things headlong the way I normally do.

I know this seems selfish, and yeah, I know it's not going to be easy and somewhere down the line we will probably struggle a bit but right now....I need this. So does Davie.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Hmm selfish, putting yourself and family first? Not sure about that one hun. Yes money might be tight but there is more to life! See it as the start of a new chapter. I did this a few years back and am now at uni doing nursing. So go for it. Good luck it's gonna be one of the best things you ever did!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Aw thanks Alwin, I did worry whether it was the right decision but starting to feel better about it. My OH was sceptical and a bit annoyed that I agreed to start with but now he's just being a sweetheart about the whole thing.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 12:57 PM
If it's right for you and the good of your family then it's not selfish at all. Brave yes, selfish no. Hope it all works out for you. xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Glad Oh is being a sweetie, that will make a mountain of difference. Good luck to all three of you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Good luck, honey. Sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing for you and your family.....

x0x