View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-03-2010, 04:15 PM
I think it all hangs on the insurance issue now.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Surely he cant be kept any longer? He's about as much a pit Bull as Mickey Mouse is!
Say that to the owner, I heard somewhere that the person trying to help her was having problems as she kept calling him a pit and wouldn't change it, I think it might of even been on here, I'll go and look, but this whole story is heart breaking poor dog.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Heres some of the things I read, it was on here.

Originally Posted by EGAR View Post
Dealing with her is a nightmare, her solicitor isn't much better. And not just when it comes to EGAR, I've had lengthy conversations with people involved in this case legally and the story is the same: numpty owner, didn't show up at SEVERAL hearings, already has a new dog etc pp.

What sickens me the most is that there was a REAL chance of a legal precendence (sp?) which could have let to a review of the DDA in NI or at the very least the consideration of adopting the amendment. And the numpty owner threw it all away.

I am regulary talking to a guy who has had 3 dogs taken off him over 2 years ago. He is bending over backwards to get his dogs freed, he's there at EVERY court hearing, no matter how small, he never gives up. I had this grown man weep on the phone to me. WEEP! He now suffers from depression and it's taken a huge toll on his health.

He never went after glory, he never posted on Bebo. And she fecked it up for him - royally.

My offer still stands. I had also offered to come to court in case that would sway the judge to be rid of the case and hand him over to me. I had to chase her up and call her. It's a nightmare.

However, I think we should direct our energy now 11th hour appeals and forget about the "owner".
Originally Posted by EGAR View Post
Roger (Dr. Mugford) is holidaying at present (in Rome above all places) but he kept himself informed and phoned me this afternoon to tell me that another and last appeal has been lodged and Bruce will NOT be pts'd on Monday due to this.

We REALLY need to keep the pressure going at this stage. Email all your MP's and the contacts on the list.

There is no DNA testing for APBT it is done solely by phenotype. And Bruce is IMHO an AmBull x. However, it didn't help that the owner refused to stop labelling him as APBT online and in correspondence. I corresponded with her when it all started and told her to at least cahnge it to "alleged APBT" but she refused to change it.

And that, of course, didn't help.

In all the cases of seized dogs I have been involved in the owner would NOT know where the dog was. It was brought to a neutral loation for Breed ID in an unmarked van and that was that.

Bruce is in a reasonable condition now from what Roger tells me and extremly friendly.

The USPCA however is pro BSL/DDA and Mister Philpott has been involved in several cases of going into OTHER animal sanctuaries to undercover to find dogs of "type" which have been seized and subsequently pts'd. IMHO they should be prosecuted too.
I just feel sorry for Bruce, he has been let down by so many people, I also can't beleive that his owner has another dog now, my life would be on hold until some justice was done for Bruce, but I suppose every one reacts differently.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-03-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't know Shannon Brown but I do know that, two and a half years later, she is still fighting for Bruce.

Many give up much quicker.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Thinking of Bruce today.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Thinking of Bruce today.