Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
LOL I think you should tell us now to calm my nerves.
Well it's not entirely relevant to this little saga, basically he was born with a huge silver spoon in his mouth, the familly had properties all over England and in the West Indies and Australia and money in companies and trusts and God knows what else. He was the eldest and when his father died he inherited it all and blew it away on drugs, parties, and women - I have no real problem with rich people who try to do good in the world, like giving to charities (Bill Gates etc.) or build a factory employing lots of people (Like the Cadbury family) or invest their wealth to create industries and again employ people (Rockefeller and many others) What I just can't tolerate in any shape or form is abject greed and waste which is what this useless aristocrat was. He's dead now, the drugs finally got him and his brother (Who by all accounts is a good man) is trying to pick up the pieces, not that there are many 'pieces' too pick up

Sorry bit of a rant but you did ask

ETA:-

Just thought I would add that some might say he did give to charity, well there were a lot of women who benefitted in one way or another for doing very little if you get my drift
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Well I never thought much of him going without me 'til it was mentioned here, tbh as it was all arranged before we were together. I wouldn't say I was upset about it, more, suspicious I suppose as the relationship between them just makes me feel weird and it always has done. I don't think it's entirely 'normal' and even by his own admission, the woman isn't all there, my own mum asked am I sure she isn't grooming him, he'd never met her partner yet was relying on him to pick him up at guernsey, they might have known each other over a period of about 2 years but they ain't particularly close, as I said, a few hours every couple months, coupled with the fact they are staying on this wee island in the middle of nowhere and for 10 days (which she advised apparently), not a weekend or a week but nearly 2. And then all expenses paid, she might have money but does that make it right? I don't know? That's why I posted, incase I was just over-reacting as I do tend to get in a flap but it seems more people than not would feel the same.

It's just freaked me out somewhat.

However I do feel better now I know he must have a mobile signal over there which I was worried about.
is this wee place where the woman lives? where did her money come from?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well it's not entirely relevant to this little saga, basically he was born with a huge silver spoon in his mouth, the familly had properties all over England and in the West Indies and Australia and money in companies and trusts and God knows what else. He was the eldest and when his father died he inherited it all and blew it away on drugs, parties, and women - I have no real problem with rich people who try to do good in the world, like giving to charities (Bill Gates etc.) or build a factory employing lots of people (Like the Cadbury family) or invest their wealth to create industries and again employ people (Rockefeller and many others) What I just can't tolerate in any shape or form is abject greed and waste which is what this useless aristocrat was. He's dead now, the drugs finally got him and his brother (Who by all accounts is a good man) is trying to pick up the pieces, not that there are many 'pieces' too pick up

Sorry bit of a rant but you did ask

ETA:-

Just thought I would add that some might say he did give to charity, well there were a lot of women who benefitted in one way or another for doing very little if you get my drift
No see that I couldn't stand either but I suppose with some it would just go to their head, he can't have been a very well balanced individual.

But these women have it all sussed, now where do I find me a rich man?

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
is this wee place where the woman lives? where did her money come from?
Yes she moved to the island with her new partner, I have no idea where all her money came from, she was 'comfortable' (pretty well off on all accounts) but her husband apparently was not a very nice man and a bit of a miser, it's the new partner who's loaded. The one she's ran away with, the one she told Dan about months and months ago and he had to keep it all a secret all that time....interesting no?

IT'S JUST WEIRD!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh and apparently this new partner (in his 50s and disabled - no idea how badly disabled) had never had a g/f before he met this woman....50 odd yr old virgin...

So yes, it does get weirder!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Probably why he is so loaded when I think on...if he's never had a woman!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi,

Does Dan knwo this woman's first husband? If not then why would he have to keep quiet about her runnin goff with a new man? And if this woman has so few friends of her own anyway, how would she expect him to get into a comnversation with anyone about her intimate relationships with other men, ex husbands etc?

It does seem very odd to me and if she's not acknoledging your existence or Dan's Mom's then there must bea reason for that. Is she trying to be his Mom? Is she going to pretend fo rthe time he's on the island that he's her Son? Or maybe tell others on the island (if she has made any friends) after he's back home that Dan is her Son?

Personally, if my OH was off to a secluded island with some woman (regardless of eccentricity, age or any other factor) either he wouldn't be going or we would be finished. Maybe I'm a little harsh in that respect, or insecure. I do trust my OH 100%, but I know he wouldn't put me in such a position and that my feelings mean more to him than some old woman he doesn't know that well.

Maybe Dan could say (in future if it's too late this time) that unless he has the approval of his Mom and GF, he won't be going anywhere with her or her partner.

Laura xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Does Dan knwo this woman's first husband? If not then why would he have to keep quiet about her runnin goff with a new man? And if this woman has so few friends of her own anyway, how would she expect him to get into a comnversation with anyone about her intimate relationships with other men, ex husbands etc?

It does seem very odd to me and if she's not acknoledging your existence or Dan's Mom's then there must bea reason for that. Is she trying to be his Mom? Is she going to pretend fo rthe time he's on the island that he's her Son? Or maybe tell others on the island (if she has made any friends) after he's back home that Dan is her Son?

Personally, if my OH was off to a secluded island with some woman (regardless of eccentricity, age or any other factor) either he wouldn't be going or we would be finished. Maybe I'm a little harsh in that respect, or insecure. I do trust my OH 100%, but I know he wouldn't put me in such a position and that my feelings mean more to him than some old woman he doesn't know that well.

Maybe Dan could say (in future if it's too late this time) that unless he has the approval of his Mom and GF, he won't be going anywhere with her or her partner.

Laura xx
No he doesn't know her first hubby but she worked in the church so if it got out it would cause repercussions...

I have no idea what she doing or why, your guess is as good as mine on that one. I do think she is just a lonely old eccentric but that doesn't make it any easier as at the end of the day, I still feel uncomfortable about it, something just isn't letting me settle and i'm usually quite laid back about stuff but when something bothers me, it bothers me big time and I get in a flap about it. This is one such occasion.

I would never stop him going though and I think in future we will need to discuss it based on how this trip goes and how the relationship between them carries on after this. If I still feel as uncomfortable as I do now about it then I will make it known and it will be his choice - not mine.

I think in the future it would be even more weird if she were to carry on inviting him alone, imagine if we were married and she invited him on his tod, am I over exaggerating in thinking that wouldn't be on?

I do feel better about it now I know he's there and he's fine and contactable but we will see how it pans out.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Ok update time! LOL!

Just got a txt from him all happy as larry saying it's lovely over there and he wants us to move there!

I DON'T BLOODY THINK SO MATEY!
Be very handy for Wife Swopping!!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Be very handy for Wife Swopping!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
No see that I couldn't stand either but I suppose with some it would just go to their head, he can't have been a very well balanced individual.
Yes, you're right, apparently there was a certain insanity going back through the family for generations, probably all that 'in breeding' but his brother is perfectly normal, BTW I only took an interest in him 'cos he had a huge & beautiful mansion and 1000's of acres near to where we used to live. Now part of the National Trust.

but when something bothers me, it bothers me big time and I get in a flap about it. This is one such occasion.

I think in future we will need to discuss it based on how this trip goes

I do feel better about it now I know he's there and he's fine and contactable but we will see how it pans out.
Well I'm glad you're feeling better about it now 'tho I think we can all see why you were in a flap over it.

Yes, you'll need to talk about it with him, and his responses will likely set the scene for your future relationship.

You never know it might be a sort of 'growing up' experience, a kind of adventure, which will help make him a better person when he comes back.
Page 9 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »