View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 05:33 PM
DR once recounted the story of a dog who had something wrong with its brain which made it chase - i'd imagine this is highly unusual, but probably worth getting the dog looked at if there is no improvement.

I don't like shock collar use, but if someone decides to use it, they have to look at the problems that might ensue and the possible "safe" feeling the owner has, which might lead to the dog still chasing in either different circumstances, without the owner there, or when not wearing the collar, etc etc.
Also some dogs might associate the pain with a sheep andthen may even be more determined.

However it's done now, I just hope for the dog's sake (and the sake of the poor sheep) that the matter is sorted. Also some dogs really need to chase; I feel sorry for dogs who need to chase but have no other outlet.

Wys
x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Yes, as I originally said it is a gamekeepers dog. Hubby has spoken to him this morning and apparently he has used an ecollar on it and it seems to have worked We will see.

I was going to offer to help find it a new home if nothing else worked.

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice.
Oh well---can't win them all. Hope it works for the sake of the dogs and the sheep.

rune
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5