Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
LOLOL as long as it works it doesn't matter how you get her to breath through her mouth as long as no one saw you
No one saw me thank god! How embarressing, people would have thought I was snogging Zuki or worse eating her
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I wished I'd asked the question months ago, didn't realise it was so common. Cassie's done it since she was quite young. Vet said nothing to worry about when we had her there for her checkup. Quite scary when you see it for the first time. We usually just stroke her throat and fuss her and it settles down.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
I wished I'd asked the question months ago, didn't realise it was so common. Cassie's done it since she was quite young. Vet said nothing to worry about when we had her there for her checkup. Quite scary when you see it for the first time. We usually just stroke her throat and fuss her and it settles down.
I know what you mean, it is really worrying, my partner was worried and even suggested giving her the heimlich manoeuve I said how on earth do you give a dog the heimlich? Apart from the fact that I knew she was not choking because she had been asleep at my feet for the half hour previous bless him, he was just really worried and didn't have a clue what to do
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Donna&Zuki
I know what you mean, it is really worrying, my partner was worried and even suggested giving her the heimlich manoeuve I said how on earth do you give a dog the heimlich? Apart from the fact that I knew she was not choking because she had been asleep at my feet for the half hour previous bless him, he was just really worried and didn't have a clue what to do
That's bizarre, Cassie usually does it when she's been asleep as well. Wonder if it's something to do with when they're relaxed? Scared the crap out of us the first time it happened
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
That's bizarre, Cassie usually does it when she's been asleep as well. Wonder if it's something to do with when they're relaxed? Scared the crap out of us the first time it happened
Hmmmm you could be on to something there.... Zuki was fast asleep gave me a heart attack nearly
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 06:32 PM
At least we know it's nothing to worry about. Cassie sometimes does it in the middle of the night when you're fast asleep
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Same thing happens to Lola from time to time and always when she has been asleep too.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Mishu and Bumble (past JSI's) used to do it regularly - it is a bit scary to watch the first time, but you soon get used to it
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 07:29 PM
is it not like snoring in humans?

or am i a bit dense on this??
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 06:40 AM
Well I never!

I found this so interesting as Ozzy has done the same thing on different occasions in the past, the only common denominator when I think back was that he too was relaxed and/or asleep just before it happened.

I am so glad I read this as now I know what to do to help, it is awful to hear that choking noise and you feel helpless when it happens, he sort of stretches his neck out when he makes the noise but never appears alarmed when it happens.

Thanks very much for the tip!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >