Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 09:17 AM

Realistic weight loss

Hey guys, heres the thing, i want to loose some more weight before my birthday which is roughly in 6 weeks, im a size 12 at the moment, my overall aim is for a size 10 (eventually!). Just wondering what a realistic weight loss goal would be for around 6 weeks?

Thanks
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Gems, I generally say 3lb a week and any more is a bonus.

This really does mean cutting down though.

In my experience/opinion, you don't have to diet a lot to reach this goal, you just have to cut back and make sure you eat the right things and in moderation.

Good luck - I was trying too

I just haven't got the willpower and need the extra energy right now!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Ta Lottie, im now doing a 4 mile bike ride every other day and a 2 mile run every other day in between biking.
Ive also stocked up with lots of healthy snacks, so im really going for it
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I think you burn up more calories with a brisk walk than bike riding if I remember correctly, maybe do a 4 mile walk and a 2 mile bike ride, plus walking tones you more because you tend to use more body parts. I would think with eating the right food, cutting back a little, and increasing your walking you should realistically expect average of 2lb a week, because the odd week you may lose 3lb the odd week you may lose nothing.

Mo
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the advice mo
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi Gems - Jodie here. Well after all the great advice you gave me about losing weight for my wedding, i have now lost a stone and a half!!!

For me, realistically a pound a week is ggod. Sometimes i only lose half a pound, but others i lose 2!!

Just stick with it hun. xxx

jodie x

Ps - bit off topic - i'm going wedding dress shopping for the first time next friday!!!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi Gems

One of the quickest ways to burn calories is by getting on a rowing machine - it does the lot - and you will burn more on a rower in 10 mins than you would going for a 30 minute run.

Lots of water, and an apple a day - helps digest/remove food from the body quicker with all that fibre

Bread is hugely fattening - you'll be surprised how much weight can be lost by not eating bread.

As people say, eat healthy and in moderation

We should trade notes, I'm doing the same thing, trying to drop down to a 10 from a 12
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by otis
Hi Gems - Jodie here. Well after all the great advice you gave me about losing weight for my wedding, i have now lost a stone and a half!!!

For me, realistically a pound a week is ggod. Sometimes i only lose half a pound, but others i lose 2!!

Just stick with it hun. xxx

jodie x

Ps - bit off topic - i'm going wedding dress shopping for the first time next friday!!!
Jodie! thats excellent well done, i knew you could do it!
How exciting, ohh lots of piccies when you pick the dress!!!!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hi Gems

One of the quickest ways to burn calories is by getting on a rowing machine - it does the lot - and you will burn more on a rower in 10 mins than you would going for a 30 minute run.

Lots of water, and an apple a day - helps digest/remove food from the body quicker with all that fibre

Bread is hugely fattening - you'll be surprised how much weight can be lost by not eating bread.

As people say, eat healthy and in moderation

We should trade notes, I'm doing the same thing, trying to drop down to a 10 from a 12
Hi Ingrid

I do have a rower, its in our celler, i do use it occassionally but looking at four plain walls gets really really boring lol
Ive swapped all liquids, (bar alcohol :P) for water, and am eating so much fruit im going to look like an apple!!
Bread is my weakness i can eat a whole white flute! Yummmmy! but i am trying to cut it out!

Ive got loads of tips, as im sure you have, we should trade notes!

thanks guys!
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 12:31 PM
hi i'm on a diet at the mo and have lost a stone in 11 weeks. all i have done is cut back on calories i have about 800 calories a day and do some brisk walking. working a treat for me. and i still get to eat what i want.
just read food labels or put "calorie counting " in to your search engine and you will find loads of info.

hope this helps

kelly
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >