View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 09:35 PM
I live with my dogs and no-one else in a cottage down a track in absolute silence, apart from the odd tractor and the daily ritual of the postman driving up, so not much to escape from!
My religion is important to me and allows me to leave the planet fairly easily if the need arises!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 08:33 PM
get into my jacuzzi bath, candles and music and just drift away

when Murphy's leg was better (andin the near future) walk along the river with the dogs
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
I put on my headphones and put media player on and block everyone out.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter
I have a lovely long bath in darkness or with a candle,loads of bubbles, keep on topping it up when it gets cold. A glass of wine is good, but not really needed. I am totally flolopy and good for nothing when I get out!
I tried that one night. Lit scented candles, had loads of bubbles in the bath, put on some soft classical music and the OH came charging through the bathroom door, switched the light on and said "what are you doing in the dark, has the bulb blown?" (If the light came on, the bloody bulb hasn't blown )

Seemed to kill the mood slightly

I now walk down to the field and sit there. Being so remote, I don't hear anything other than birds singing.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
I now walk down to the field and sit there. Being so remote, I don't hear anything other than birds singing.
Sounds like my kind of escape Wolfie
Meercat
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Escape during the summer holidays is impossible, i've tried . At other times i meditate, bubble baths with candles and soft music, long walks or cross stitch

Meercat
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Recently ive needed to escape from things alot, i usually put the dogs in the car and drive up to the common where noone ever goes, there is a massive hill once at the top you can see for miles on a clear day, sitting their with my dogs is bliss.....
and no matter what is going on in my life, sitting their, everything seems wonderful ..
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Yeah i know what you mean Gems
Nothing better than just sitting in an isolated spot
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 02:03 AM
I must be a complete freak then, as I escape everytime I come on here.
Reading posts, having a laugh and looking at all the gorgeous photo's hell what more do you need? But there again, I do have an understanding OH who leaves me to it as he'll never get any sense out of me when he asks me anything.
misty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2005, 02:43 PM
i know its not really good for you but i like to zone out with music through earphones quite loud, usually ska music, just a couple of songs is enough.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >