Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Car Failed It's MOT

Mainly on stupid things,
Both rear indicators,not flashing bright orange,headlight alienment (Sp)set to low,and the Cv gaitors had split,one of which was supposed to have been replaced last year.
This was extremely worrying though,
They it seems had tried to do it,struggled so didn't bother replacing it,yet had not tightned the bolt up so the suspension arm was loose(it also failed on this) and we had been driving a potenial death trap,anyway a friend of ours is a mechanic and has done all the works for us and it's going back in for a retest tomorrow,so we will be back on the road again.

It's frightening though how the MOT stations get away with such shoddy workmanship and endanger peoples lives
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Poor you, that's awful!
I once had one faily mt car on it's brakes..... til I reminded them taht they's replaced them 6 month before and it had been standing over the winter whilst I was abroad. They soon took it for a quick drive and said 'oh they are alright now!'
And they had my car down as blue, when it was silver, the reason? They wore blue overalls so it looked blue when they stood next to it

At least you are all sorted now.