Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 02:05 PM

The Wonderful World of Dreams

Ok, we all do it wether we remember them or not. I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their weird and wonderful dreams with Dogsey.

Ok I'll start You know how it is, you wake up and say "God that was a lovely/horrible/weird/funny dream I had last night and the more you try to remember the further it fades away yea?

Last night Poppy woke me up to go for a pee and I had the most incredible dream. This was 3.30am, so while I was waiting for her I jotted some points to remind me of the dream. I have been told that this is a good way to re-connect with dreams that you only can remember snippets of.....Well here goes It's a bit long winded sorry.

The Dream

It is New Year's Eve (Don't ask me how I know that, I just do )
We, that is, me and OH and my friend Bel, are in Liverpool town centre, Bold Street to be precise. We are quite P**sed and our singing and walking down Bold St, when we come across an open fronted shop and there are people looking in. I look inside and see a baby deer. (Now I say a baby deer coz that's what my dream told me, but it looked more like a lamb with a thick fuzzy coat, not white but a brown colour. Anyway it was bleeding and I thought it was dead I got all upset and began to walk away when someone said it was alive.
I said I would take it home so I picked it up but Chris, my OH, said he could not drive due to being pi**ed and he tootles off home
Next thing we are in a pub, a tiny pub one room two little wooden tables and there are some guys playing darts
Next thing I am showing this deer/lamb to everyone and they turn out to be old flames and friends . Someone said to ring the RSPCA. So I am trying to focus on my phone but keep getting the numer wrong (wonder why )
The next thing this pub is now in Frodsham a small town/village not far from Delamere Forest and a short drive from where I live. So I say, "I'll take it to the forest and let it go, it will be fine there"
So, off I go on my merry way with the kidd/lamb wrapped in my coat. I am walking up the road when suddenly the road disapears and there is just water, like a ford but a lot bigger. I jump in and start wading waist high toward the other side halfway across I see a sort of bararge thingy quite narrow. So I start to walk up it but when I get to the top it is like a big steep slope, like a ski jump. I know I can't get down so turn round and go back.
By the time I get back, the rest of the bunch are having a party in a little shed. My ex boyfriend and another male friend, Bel and some others. My ex boyfriend starts to flirt with me and I start thinking maybe? maybe?.
Then I realise I am soaking wet and the boy friend (not ex) gives me his clothes to wear.
then someone says that we should ring the wildlife resuce up the road. Next thing this lady turns up to take the kidd/lamb but it won't go it keeps following me around. so we go to the rescue with it and settle it down in a cattle shed. Then OH turns up on a motorbike in full leathers and we all go back to the male friends house to finish off the New year with a party.
Oh I know my Dad was in it in places too! he's been gone now for 4 years this May.

Well??? how weird is that. It was so realistic and colourful. I could even smell the water when I was wading through it. the kidd/lamb, I could feel it's wool and smell it too.
Elaine xx

Oh and have fun psychoanalising me
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 02:13 PM
How could I analyse that when it doesn't sound at all weird to me?

Apparently in times of great stress, I have been known to talk in my sleep and I always say "just beam me up Captain"
No question who I'm dreaming about then
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
How could I analyse that when it doesn't sound at all weird to me?

Apparently in times of great stress, I have been known to talk in my sleep and I always say "just beam me up Captain"
No question who I'm dreaming about then
Trekkie fan then
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I had the most amazing/vivid dreams when I was giving up smoking & using the patches (dreams are a side effect) I was dreaming of people from my childhood - not particular best friends - just people I knew. Full names/addresses & everything!!......
Last night I dreamt that I got a job at the place I was made redundant from a few months ago.... must be still fresh in my mind!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I have had the same thing happen a few times in my dreams of late, think its been 3/4 times over the last few weeks, all the dreams are diff, but at one point I have chewing gum in my mouth and I try to take it out, but it doesnt come out in one bit, its like its stuck to my teeth and Im pulling and its coming out in long strands but I cant get it all out!!!
its horrible,

WTF is that all about eh? I used to have similar dreams about my teeth crumbling in my mouth, lol.

I know there are said to be set meanings about dreams like that but I cant remember what they are off the top of my head just now,.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 05:42 PM
I can only remember one dream I had last week..... I was at Helena's with little Zena and we went for a walk, but it was a part of a larger dream that I can't remember.