Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Sardines.

Are sardines good for dogs because Benji loves them and if they are which are the best the ones in Sunflower oil (like I have been giving him) or the ones in tomato sauce.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I think so, I give Poppy tinned Pilchards in tomato sauce occasionally, not too much sauce. Sometimes she loves them, other times she leaves them. She also likes grilled salmon, but not tinned - fussy little begger!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I vary them between sunflower oil and tomato sauce!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 03:59 PM
mine love sardines and pilchards in tomato sauce if they have tuna its in spring water and they both enjoy it so much
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Are sardines good for dogs because Benji loves them and if they are which are the best the ones in Sunflower oil (like I have been giving him) or the ones in tomato sauce.
i am not saying anything about sardins better is dryed fish thats proberly why it was constipated
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Hiya

Luna has sardines in sunfloweroil in her kongs... She love them..

Well she hasnt had kongs for a few weeks now, cos of her tummy probs. But she used to get sardines in sunfloweroil, tuna in water or mackarel in tomatosauce in her kongs... Or banana, apple, cheese or whatever I had..
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Yep mine love tinned fish particularly pilchard in tomato sauce but I always give other fish in oil and if I drain tuna of the oil for us to eat the dogs get the oil on their coat.

Personally I don't see fish giving constipation fresh, dry or tinned, bones seem to be the most likely cause of constipation or too much meat with no added biscuit, rice or veg.

...on their coats... Wake up woman, I meant dinner - not even opened the bottle, honest
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Hiya

Luna has sardines in sunfloweroil in her kongs... She love them..

Well she hasnt had kongs for a few weeks now, cos of her tummy probs. But she used to get sardines in sunfloweroil, tuna in water or mackarel in tomatosauce in her kongs... Or banana, apple, cheese or whatever I had..
i never thought of putting that in kongs thanks for that great idea .. ill try that later ..
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Yep mine love tinned fish particularly pilchard in tomato sauce but I always give other fish in oil and if I drain tuna of the oil for us to eat the dogs get the oil on their coat.

Personally I don't see fish giving constipation fresh, dry or tinned, bones seem to be the most likely cause of constipation or too much meat with no added biscuit, rice or veg.

...on their coats... Wake up woman, I meant dinner - not even opened the bottle, honest

Thanks Thordell His usual diet is Wafcol Salmon and Potato but I have been giving him Wafcol chicken and corn for the last few days because he was getting a bit fed up with the salmon and potato I think.

I believe you haven't been drinking ..........honest
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
i am not saying anything about sardins better is dryed fish thats proberly why it was constipated

No he only had the sardines this afternoon and the constipation (if thats what it was) came before the sardines. You never know the oil in the sardines might help 'things' to slide out better tomorrow

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >