Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
your post did not say a ban on the most 'common' breeds but on all - hence my 'bullish' reply
As for the above remark are you saying that just because I didn;t put a word in that YOU thought should be that is what justifies your "bullish" reply?

My personal opinion to reiterate is "I don't think any breeding of dogs should be taking place at this present time or the forseeable future because there are so many dogs in kennels, shelters and rescues that need homes. If there was strict legislation controlling the breeding of dogs that was controlled strictly maybe that would help, but at the moment there isn't and I cannot see how anyone should be adding to the problems by breeding whether they are pedigrees, mongrels or crossbreeds!"
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
As for the above remark are you saying that just because I didn;t put a word in that YOU thought should be that is what justifies your "bullish" reply?

My personal opinion to reiterate is "I don't think any breeding of dogs should be taking place at this present time or the forseeable future because there are so many dogs in kennels, shelters and rescues that need homes. If there was strict legislation controlling the breeding of dogs that was controlled strictly maybe that would help, but at the moment there isn't and I cannot see how anyone should be adding to the problems by breeding whether they are pedigrees, mongrels or crossbreeds!"
We got them from breeders
Oh seriously
It is okay to use words but your own personal opinion is a direct opposite of what you, yourself are doing
Words can be so hollow sometimes
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
I have the same breed as DD and I can be 100% sure that none of my breeding woulld be rehomed via a rescue centre. I am a Breeder and show my dogs. I have been breeding for over 25years and know 100% that not one of my breeding has ended up in a rescue centre in all those years. If by chance one had to then I would know about it asap as being involved in the Show World helps imo as other breeders keep an eye out. So I am one breeder who does not add to the rescue situation

I also think the show world help and being friendly/helping out with the people running the breed rescues!
People talk around the show world and it only takes one person to questions a dog in rescues for people to check!

[/B]

That is exactly what I think too. There are so many dogs in rescue and shelters of all breeds that breeding is just adding to their struggles. Another alternative would be that some sort of strict legislation was brought into play ie: controlling the breeders so that they have less litters or have to prove they have sufficient homes ready - difficult to legislate I would have thought but somethink certainly needs doing.
ermm how can you say that when you brought from two breeders! If you feel that way why the heck would you then go and support breeding and the breeder by buying two dogs!?? That wont stop breeders breeding??
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
ermm how can you say that when you brought from two breeders! If you feel that way why the heck would you then go and support breeding and the breeder by buying two dogs!?? That wont stop breeders breeding??
Am in disbelief really, someone so adimant about rescuing but buying from breeders
I really am lost for words
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:21 PM
I know i dont understand it either! Maybe Ally can tell us why she is allowed to buy from breeders but everyone else has to rescue as she doesnt think breeders should breed
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Am in disbelief really, someone so adimant about rescuing but buying from breeders
I really am lost for words
Do as I say not as I do I'd like to get some rescue hounds in the future (Pocendo's) but I still support good breeders, and think that banning all breeding for a couple of years could be devastating, as the good breeders may stop, but the BYB and PF probally wont but then pups from such places will probally go for more money
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Do as I say not as I do I'd like to get some rescue hounds in the future (Pocendo's) but I still support good breeders, and think that banning all breeding for a couple of years could be devastating, as the good breeders may stop, but the BYB and PF probally wont but then pups from such places will probally go for more money
Totally agree! and to be fair decent breeders put alot in to there dogs, there lines ect!
They spend mega amounts, promoting there lines at shows, health testing, raising pups in the best way possible ect you all get my drift!
Why should then decent breeders stop there plans, plans they could have been planning for the last 4years.
I doubt very highly that bad breeding will ever be able to be stopped and that upsets me to. But to punish all breeders would be so wrong..People shouldnt forget these decent breeders are working towards something in there eyes its not just about breeding, so you wouldnt just be stopping them breeding pups but wrecking there passion.

The only answer i can find is to stop people supporting the bad breeders!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Oh seriously
It is okay to use words but your own personal opinion is a direct opposite of what you, yourself are doing
Words can be so hollow sometimes
When we got our dogs there wasn't such an economic downturn and there weren't any in shelters around otherwise we would have actually! So my words were not hollow because my opinion has changed SINCE getting our dogs so NOW I would not get another dog as a pup from a breeder... does nobody else EVER change their opinions on here? You'd think so! You know you are so highly depricating at times some of you but glass houses and all that... or maybe you are just going to pick faults in everything I write to make yourselves feel better. Well if that is your lovely personalities showing through you aren't endearing yourselves
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:56 PM
When we got our dogs there wasn't such an economic downturn and there weren't any in shelters around otherwise we would hve actually! So my words were not hollow because my opinion has changed SINCE getting our dogs so NOW I would not get another dog as a pup from a breeder... does nobody else EVER change their opinions on here? You'd think so!
Your dogs arent that old though! and yes opinions change of course they do..however you didnt get a rescue because you wanted doodles and you saw none in rescue, so what are me and others (for example) ment to do if breeders are no longer allowed to breed, yet i want a certain breed that i can not find in rescue for love nor money?? am i ment to change the breed i want?? If so then i would have thought you would have done that before going to a breeder!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 02:07 PM
When we got our dogs there wasn't such an economic downturn and there weren't any in shelters around otherwise we would have actually! So my words were not hollow because my opinion has changed SINCE getting our dogs so NOW I would not get another dog as a pup from a breeder... does nobody else EVER change their opinions on here? You'd think so! You know you are so highly depricating at times some of you but glass houses and all that... or maybe you are just going to pick faults in everything I write to make yourselves feel better. Well if that is your lovely personalities showing through you aren't endearing yourselves
I have been involved with rescue for the last 10 plus years---there have ALWAYS been dogs available in rescue.

I can accept that you have now changed your opinion.

However I think people should be able to get dogs from a breeder or a rescue.

rune
Closed Thread
Page 48 of 50 « First < 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 >