View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
I would still go to the training as it gives him socialization with the other puppies and learns how to follow commands in different situations. It will also give you valuable chances to reinforce the stuff done at home as well as to show him off!

Most dog training is about teaching the ownerso don't feel on your own there!

I am so glad it is all going well. I have such a different picture in my mind of avek now from the first post you made.

Keep on going, you will make a great team.
MystixRiverRage
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Hello again,
I've just taken Avek for todays walk and while there is no threat he pulls hard on his lead, when someone passes he stops dead, i continue walking confidently and when the person/dogs have passed he then again starts to pull, i have tryed pulling him slightly sideways and stopping alltogether when he pulls but soon as we start to walk again he starts to pull... he is already very very strong, if i can not learn this one, he will be to strong for me(and i am not a small person) please can anyone help?
thanks River
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by MystixRiverRage View Post
Hello again,
I've just taken Avek for todays walk and while there is no threat he pulls hard on his lead, when someone passes he stops dead, i continue walking confidently and when the person/dogs have passed he then again starts to pull, i have tryed pulling him slightly sideways and stopping alltogether when he pulls but soon as we start to walk again he starts to pull... he is already very very strong, if i can not learn this one, he will be to strong for me(and i am not a small person) please can anyone help?
thanks River
River - if you post this as a new thread with a heading such as "how can I stop my GSD pulling on the lead" you may get a better response. As somke members who have been unable to answer your initial question may not realise you have lots of questions and because you mentioned nervous in this title might not have wanted to offer advice

There are a lot of friendly people with loads of training experience who will hopefully give you some ideas. Though your training classes will definitely help when you start them.

But give it a go and I will add my suggestions (when I have thought of them LOL) to your new thread
MystixRiverRage
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
thankyou Benzmum
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 06:09 PM
What a terrible shame (but not really a massive surprise) that this dog is now in rescue

I hope you find a home deserving of you soon Avek.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What a terrible shame (but not really a massive surprise) that this dog is now in rescue

I hope you find a home deserving of you soon Avek.
Just been reading through this thread. Hope Avek finds a new home soon.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Poor little soul - what is he? 4 months old? Dragged out of a puppy farmers shed to a strange place with first-time owners and now in rescue.
Which Rescue is he with Moobli?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Poor little soul - what is he? 4 months old? Dragged out of a puppy farmers shed to a strange place with first-time owners and now in rescue.
Which Rescue is he with Moobli?
no,i think he will be a scared confused teenager
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Just reading this thread through for the first time and was hoping for a happy ending, what a shock to hear he's in rescue. What did I miss? When did he end up in rescue? I hope he finds the secure supportive home he needs
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 07:11 PM
This time last year, when the thread was started he was around 16 weeks...so guessing he is around 16 months now?
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >