View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 09:01 PM
think i might have to visit Shona too and see if you can sort bruno out !!!

I have the same problem where I expect bruno to be a nightmare so automatically tense up when i see another dog as i expect trouble and bruno picks up on that !! Its a vicious circle...
Shona do you think you could help my wee bruno too ?? !!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
thanks for your post mel. sometimes I think people who have problems with there dogs feel like they are the only dog owner in the world to have problems, its so nice when others can add to a thread saying they too have been there and have overcome there problems with a bit of work and a few changes to there methods x
Here,here,xxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
OH just back from park with Ben and he was on lead (walking still ok with just a wee bit of pulling easily corrected) and a wee white dog off lead came running up to Ben (westie type x) and Stuart asked him to sit with a loose lead and the dog was still running full bore for Ben so Stuart got his attention (Bens attention not the wee white dog!!)with a dried sausage bit and he says it was a bit like Ben was thinking hmmm dog?food?dog?food? oh I know FOOD!!! he didnt growl and didnt bark and didnt lunge even though he was tense till the point where the food appeared!!

MASSIVE improvement. I know there is still work ahead but I just cant believe it that he is not snapping and growling its just fantastic
Well done Lynne,Stuart and Ben,a well deserved round of applause,xxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post

I have the same problem where I expect bruno to be a nightmare so automatically tense up when i see another dog as i expect trouble and bruno picks up on that !! Its a vicious circle...
I bet she does,xxxxxxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
you know your welcome any day x
I think you might be on there as she seems to have sufficiently pi$$ed off all the locals round here.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I think you might be on there as she seems to have sufficiently pi$$ed off all the locals round here.
You should get her to come down to you for a couple of days and Maddy will be a changed girl,xxxxxxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
You should get her to come down to you for a couple of days and Maddy will be a changed girl,xxxxxxxxx
Oh god no, the poeple round here reccommended I get her voice box removed, we don't walk with them anymore.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh god no, the poeple round here reccommended I get her voice box removed, we don't walk with them anymore.
Awwwww poor Maddy cheeky sods eh?xxxxxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwwww poor Maddy cheeky sods eh?xxxxxxxx
Oh tell me about it. I had Charlie out and one bloke was going on and on about what have I done to him, has he had an operation and I was so confused then I realised, he was getting Charlie mixed up with Maddy. I said oh no Charlie's never been a problem and the bloke said 'Oh yes I remember, they both were bad dogs!' And he went on and on asking what had I done to him to change his behaviour! So god only knows what has been said about us since I stopped walking with them but it's certainly been embelished on the truth! I can only assume i'm now known as the lady with the mad dogs or something. The only thing Charlie ever did was chase the Whippet, which come on, a BC x and a Whippet offlead together, what's gonna happen? This is one of the main reasons I stopped walking with them as Charlie would come back when I called him but the Whippet wouldn't and because none of the other dogs liked to chase or play (2 of the labs were always put on lead of they ever dared have a play wrestle and I was frowned upon for letting mine play wrestle) I was asked to put Charlie on his lead. The whippet would come over and taunt him to chase her, and when he obliged her owner would go crazy, shouting and swearing. In the end I either kept him on his lead or was constantly watching HER dog for signs of her taunting Charlie for a play, (you know how they do when they want a chase, they're all the same) so I could call him back before he took any notice of her.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Lynne, got on a bit of a rant there!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Oh tell me about it. I had Charlie out and one bloke was going on and on about what have I done to him, has he had an operation and I was so confused then I realised, he was getting Charlie mixed up with Maddy. I said oh no Charlie's never been a problem and the bloke said 'Oh yes I remember, they both were bad dogs!' And he went on and on asking what had I done to him to change his behaviour! So god only knows what has been said about us since I stopped walking with them but it's certainly been embelished on the truth! I can only assume i'm now known as the lady with the mad dogs or something. The only thing Charlie ever did was chase the Whippet, which come on, a BC x and a Whippet offlead together, what's gonna happen? This is one of the main reasons I stopped walking with them as Charlie would come back when I called him but the Whippet wouldn't and because none of the other dogs liked to chase or play (2 of the labs were always put on lead of they ever dared have a play wrestle and I was frowned upon for letting mine play wrestle) I was asked to put Charlie on his lead. The whippet would come over and taunt him to chase her, and when he obliged her owner would go crazy, shouting and swearing. In the end I either kept him on his lead or was constantly watching HER dog for signs of her taunting Charlie for a play, (you know how they do when they want a chase, they're all the same) so I could call him back before he took any notice of her.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Lynne, got on a bit of a rant there!
Nobody is perfect,some people need to look at their own dogs before criticising others eh?xxxxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post

I would never turn away a dog in need, x

Maddys welcome too, for some reason or another I normaly do quite well with dogs that have these problems, god knows why, but most go on to lead a normal life, x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 10:44 AM
I love to see dog and owner go away feeling happy, thats the main step in sorting aggression out, sometimes all it takes is a couple of good walks and the whole attitude of dog and owner changes,,, kinda cheating on my part, cos it makes me look cleaver but im not x

I also have to add, As ben was asked not to return to training class due to his aggression problem, I have serious doubts about the quality of trainers in your area, what I saw in ben was a small dog who totaly lacked confidence, if trainers cant see/ deal with this they are a disgrace, he is so easy to work with, I would love to see them deal with some of the real monsters I have had to deal with in the past,,,lol, 50k of slobering demon, ben is an angel in comparison, x
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »