Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Im so pleased it all went well today Lynne for you and for Ben, xxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Awwwww I must say Ben is a lovely wee dog and with time and effort the worlds your oyster Lynne Paddy and I are available when you are Though I'll need ear muffs next time, xxxxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks guys!!!
xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 01:42 AM
I honestly dont think you have too much to worrie about with ben, x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Morning Lynne, just thought I would add,

we took ben right out of his comfort zone yesterday, considering its been so long since he interacted with other dogs, you did very well with him, he behaved well round our three, then met a further four dogs off lead in the car park when I went ahead with him, all came rushing up to him, with a few words of comfort he coped, then as you said just prior to leaving the big SS ran over to him, he did feel a tad worried about that but all he did was grumble, so to me you took such a major step yesterday, one that would normaly take longer but due to you being so far away, I kinda thought we would push for,
Im so proud of you x

here is a link to the dog we mentioned yesterday, dax had similar problems to ben so just to prove its all sortable, x

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=71630&page=2
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Aw Shona thanks

It was great just to see him with other dogs and hopefully the next time we get through your way we can go to the walled garden as I'd really love to see him off lead having fun. I'd really like to see him less anxious and therefore me less anxious but realised yesterday it has to work the other way round, I have to be less anxious in order for him to be less anxious.

Sun is out here today so will put some of the things to the test and first thing is no wrapping lead round and round my hand

Might take your other advice!!!!!!! lol lol as am a tad hung over after going ou for tea so might try walking after hair of dog (I am only joking!!!!)

Not only was Ben out of his comfort zone but me too!! and I really am pleased he was so good. Will have to find some westies and jack russells for our next visit your way.

Thanks again, it was a huge help

xxx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 12:14 PM
so pleased things went so well for you, it can only get better now. I know when Zak was like Ben it was a nightmare I dreaded walks to the point of him not going out for months . Then we met some one like Shona (our Vet) and he turned me and Zak round, he is now a pleasure to walk and can go off lead, although I do put him on if we meet anybody as he is a GSD and so many people just flap their arms and that could spark a reaction in him

We did loads of practice before going out into the real world but I needn't have worried.

We now have Zeita our puppy and he loves her to bits and this would have been un heard of with his previous aggression but now I never have a worry.

So keep up the good work all of you, its well worth it

Mel x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 12:22 PM
thanks for your post mel. sometimes I think people who have problems with there dogs feel like they are the only dog owner in the world to have problems, its so nice when others can add to a thread saying they too have been there and have overcome there problems with a bit of work and a few changes to there methods x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 06:14 PM
OH just back from park with Ben and he was on lead (walking still ok with just a wee bit of pulling easily corrected) and a wee white dog off lead came running up to Ben (westie type x) and Stuart asked him to sit with a loose lead and the dog was still running full bore for Ben so Stuart got his attention (Bens attention not the wee white dog!!)with a dried sausage bit and he says it was a bit like Ben was thinking hmmm dog?food?dog?food? oh I know FOOD!!! he didnt growl and didnt bark and didnt lunge even though he was tense till the point where the food appeared!!

MASSIVE improvement. I know there is still work ahead but I just cant believe it that he is not snapping and growling its just fantastic
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 07:43 PM
ah shonas dried sausage the cure for all evil, well done so pleased you have had another nice walk with him, its nice to go out and enjoy your dog eh? well done x
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »