Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi Thats really great crystalgirl
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2013, 02:36 PM
i have something to ask again!! as you know, i picked up MISSY NOA from the shelter/kennel yesterday, and she is sneezing mucus, her head and nose are really warm, and she had 15 ticks, i pulled off of her!!! i am literally horrified as we keep her so clean, because she is white with a bit of tan. she goes to the vet next monday, but what should i do NOW!! can i give her an ibuprofen or aspirin in a piece of hotdog?? please advise, lisa
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm not 100% certain but I think aspirin and/or ibruprofen are toxic to dogs. I always gave my last dog metacalm which is a medication especially for inflammation in dogs. I guess from what you've said you're not even sure what is wrong with her.

So glad you've got her home and so pleased you took all the steps to keep her. She is very lucky.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 04:11 PM
My vet told me to give Rosie (Border Terrier) half a paracetamol when she was in pain one night, but not to give too often (it was an emergency measure)

Give your vet a ring and ask them. They will be able to tell you what is and isn't OK and in what dosage
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by alex1098 View Post
i have something to ask again!! as you know, i picked up MISSY NOA from the shelter/kennel yesterday, and she is sneezing mucus, her head and nose are really warm, and she had 15 ticks, i pulled off of her!!! i am literally horrified as we keep her so clean, because she is white with a bit of tan. she goes to the vet next monday, but what should i do NOW!! can i give her an ibuprofen or aspirin in a piece of hotdog?? please advise, lisa
Hi no asprin.the ticks are very difficult to remove as you could leave the head part,Im not sure if you can use a cotton bud with a drop of paraffin but not really sure,you cld check on the web.crystalgirl
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2013, 06:27 PM
thanks all of you!! i am calling the vet now!! regards and blessings to all on this holiday weekend, for some!! lisa
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2013, 12:36 AM
i cannot figure out how to add pix?? help!!
I use photobucket for
go on photobucket.com and get an account there
then upload your pics from your computer
(easy you will see, even I got that! lol
then click on that pic you wanna show, at right hand you see some "stuff", click on IMG Code and copy it, paste it on here and done

something like that I hope you could understand what I meant

would love to see some pics of your Lady
certainly she's lovely, though she would eat mine for breakfast!

...oh and thanks, happy easter weekend to you too
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2013, 11:11 PM
just wanted all to know MISSY NOA was spayed, micro-chipped, and got a 3 year rabies shot today, and she is laying down quietly next to me; she needed this for her health as well as me complying with the law!!! i have done everything in my power to help her and i am soooo glad i had you folks to help me make the best decision in a long time. thank you again, lisa
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 10:07 AM
just wanted all to know MISSY NOA was spayed, micro-chipped, and got a 3 year rabies shot today, and she is laying down quietly next to me; she needed this for her health as well as me complying with the law!!! i have done everything in my power to help her and i am soooo glad i had you folks to help me make the best decision in a long time. thank you again, lisa
Hi I am so glad,the good you have poured into your dog,will show to you 10fold as time passes crystalgirl
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9