View Poll Results: Entire Males
Entire with No problems at all 49 77.78%
Entire but wanders/scent marks in house/humps 2 3.17%
Entire but developed related health issues 4 6.35%
Entire but aggressive 1 1.59%
Neutered but still humps etc 8 12.70%
Neutered but still developed health issues 0 0%
Neutered but still aggressive 3 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I have left my boy entire. He's very nearly 2 so is mad anyway. Very friendly with everyone loves to play but is now learning that some dogs don't want to play. He did go through a humping stage but we told him no and he hardly ever does it anymore. He's never tried to mount another dog and only scent marks outside.All in all I can see no reason to have him "done" Although I do threaten him with it if he's been too giddy and tell him I'll have them for ear muffs! Sorry Oz but they'll be little ear muffs as well
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Have only ever had 2 males - and years apart.

My neutered male (neutered at earliest possible age) humped everything in sight still. My entire male - didn't.

Not sure what that means.
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Bruce is neutered, he came to us that way and he still humps his bed and cushions etc, he also dislikes other male dogs
But i have had entire male dogs before with no problems, in fact a lot less problems than Bruce, also Bruce wasn't neutered until he was two years old { i don't know if that makes a difference}
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Age can make a difference as the dog is displaying learned behaviour that has been rehearsed.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Dillan was neutered because we didn't know any better it was just the done thing.

Felix was neutered because thats what my ex wanted and i've regretted it ever since!

Everyone else is entire and loving it, no problems of any sort no aggression, no marking in the house, no wandering off bitching when they should be working....

We certainly won't be rushing any dogs to the vets in the future!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
2 neutered males here... both pretty much fine.

Both neutered under a year old (approx 9 or 10 mths). My decision, not my vets.

We have a lot of wandering dogs round here, including several unspeyed bitches. Didn't want the boys jumping our fences/getting out etc.

Max is very highly strung, but that is due to his breeding, rather than the neutering we think. Murphy does have a tendancy to put weight on, but was like that even before he was neutered.

If we had another dog, I'd have no hesitation in having them neutered.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9