View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 08:04 PM
That is an interesting article, thanks for the link. If tens of thousands of these wretched collars have been sold, presumably to inexperienced or desperate owners, then why have there been no prosecutions before Ami? There must be tens of thousands of dogs being relentlessly zapped by ignorant, heavy handed owners .
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
That is an interesting article, thanks for the link. If tens of thousands of these wretched collars have been sold, presumably to inexperienced or desperate owners, then why have there been no prosecutions before Ami? There must be tens of thousands of dogs being relentlessly zapped by ignorant, heavy handed owners .
What about the millions off leashes sold... There are thousands off dogs hit with them over and over again.

A technical explanation about the use of the e-collar on the hind quarters.
first off all they aren't placed on the genitals. Look at the dogs anatomy and you see that it isn't possible

Secondly the use off an e-collar at the hind quarters is only necessary when the dog is in a situation where he confuses a signal at his neck with an aggression from an opponent be it another dog in a dog fight or the decoy in bitework.
There are only 2 places an e-collar in such situations can be attached in front of the hind legs and at the base of the tail.

And as for the woman in the article she has no clue what she's doing
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Base of the tail?
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Base of the tail?
Technicaly the only 2 places the tt can be placed on the hind quarters of a dog
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 04:17 PM
And you see no problem with this?
eta - I assume `in front of the hindquarters` for male dogs would be round the genitals?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 04:20 PM
If someone uses one on a dogs neck I can see no reason they would have a problem using it anywhere else on the dog.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-06-2009, 05:25 PM
eta - I assume `in front of the hindquarters` for male dogs would be round the genitals?
They are in front of the genitals

and i also stated the use and the fact that it is exceptional.
I have never had to use it that way
And as stated elsewhere i'm talking about a stimulus not a shock. Only persons who haven't a clue what they are talking about refer to this as a shock
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Hi,

I don't use thwse collas for a couple of reasons....

1. I don't know how to use them
2. I don't see how they be any benefit to myself dogs or myself
3. ane's gentails stick out further forwards than his himd legs - if the collr was placed around his "waist" in fon to hte hind quarters, it would cause much pain and discomfort (regardless of setting).

I beleive these collars MAY have a genuine place in cerain training situations sometimes/rarely but that only recommended or qualified trainers should be allowed to used them.

Laura xx
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Traditional trainers use discomfort/pain to get the dog to do what they want... How is this any different?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed View Post
ASecondly the use off an e-collar at the hind quarters is only necessary when the dog is in a situation where he confuses a signal at his neck with an aggression from an opponent be it another dog in a dog fight or the decoy in bitework.
There are only 2 places an e-collar in such situations can be attached in front of the hind legs and at the base of the tail.
and you think that is OK

Now I understand your use of the word "extreme" the dogs will have to be to stand up to the abuse you inflict on them.

Base of tale

There are words for people who inflict this sort of torture on to animals.... and I guess if you practice or approve of this, you fit the bill
Jeezzzzzz, almost lost for words
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »