Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 12:16 PM

abcess painfull help?

iv a abcess on my stomach from 8 years ago when i was steralized,finall the doctors are starting to believe me,iv been in more times then iv had hot dinners,
iget it come up every 3-4 weeks but its never burst till now,i was in doctors on monday and he hoked and poked at it and gave antibiotics to clear it up,and wrote a second letter to hospital aking them to operate and take out the stitch he believs is holding up healing,well all monday night it was killing me,tuesday i went to dks and wnet shopping bunged full of painkillers,tuesday night i was up all night i said to my oh,the frigging thing is getting bigger,well wednesday it burst,the horriblest thing i ever seen so i called doctors and went straight in cause hed never saw it at its worse and i want something done its not fair in this day and age they cant fix a abcess,so he looked at it took a swab,and phoned the hospital and told them it was a emergency it needed sorted only to be told the doctor that done the origanal op is on holiday and as he frigged it he should fix it,il kill him when i get me hands on him my gp said it the worse infection he ever saw in a abcess,it was all black yuk:smt078 and very painfull,and the infection was spreading and i shud go in,well im stubborn and said il wait for my appointment i dont want MRSA aswell so im still sore got to go back on monday to get it checked,and on top of all that itook a allergic reaction to the abs,and have to take medication to stop reaction aswell as abs,as they hope to get infection under controll.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Sounds horrible and painful, I had one on my backside last year. I used a tea tree oil lotion and found that worked very very well. I use the one by Thursday Plantation as this has a higher level of Tea Tree Oil than most other brands.
Tea Tree Oil has been found to kill most bacteria even at very low % so worth giving it a go but warning, it stings!
Becky
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh you poor thing it sounds so painful. Lets hope they can get you sorted as soon as possible. You can't be expected to put up with it for as long as you have. Maybe now the doctor has seen it at its worse they will do something for you. Hope you get well soon.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh bless your heart. Its sounds terribly painful. Hope you get it sorted soon and start to feel better. xx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 10:11 PM
thanx for your replies i will try the tea tree stuff and let you all know ,maybe youl hear me if its thant stingy xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 10:16 PM
sounds so much like my stomach hun
i have had my open wound for 6 years now and they dont, wanna know
there is a thread on here somewhere about it

i know how painful it can be, i hope they sort yours soon hun
i am awaiting a MRI to find out how much of my stomach is infected by it
in the meantime i have to put up with it and cope

thinking of you hun
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 10:21 PM
thanx, ive read yours and i posted on it,its just a hole at the minute,but doc said bout 6 cm long and 3 cm deep of infected tissue,i just want it to be better,im plaster allergic but it still has to be coverd and im gonna get in a long warm bath in salt soon,its driving me insane,i really hope they sort you out,the vet would have done a better job xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Zoey i have a allergy to plasters too so i get very sore around where it has been

i really hope they sort yours out soon too hun
xxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 11:19 PM

I had a similar problem when I had my hysterectomy, you shout at them till they listen hun.
I would go in and let them see to it if I was you
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 11:23 PM
thanx hun,im going to have to go back in tomorrow its a nasty weeping hole and the abs are not helping xx