Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2007, 05:57 PM

Witnessed a dog get run over today..

Was so shockingly horrible.
In the center of town, busy bustling city center..and theres an absoloute stupid b****** with a lovely German Shepherd OFF LEAD racing around by the shops..it bolted down the slope and out onto a main road..hit by a bus, head on..sadly or glady, whichever way you see it i guess, the poor dog was killed outright.
The owner didn't seem all too shocked, saddened etc.
It made me stomach turn..the poor busdriver slammed his breaks on when he saw the dog strike onto the road but it was just too late..
My question is WHY, why be so foolish as this owner was?!?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2007, 06:00 PM
The poor dog, I have no idea why owners do this, only today when coming back from my brothers I saw a bloke walking his white GSD along a main road, the dog walk brilliantly off lead and to heal but i thought is It only takes a split second lapse by the dog and anything could happen and its not worth the risk.
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2007, 06:13 PM
oh god why would you want to take the risk. He didnt sound like he cared about the dog from his reaction so perhaps that probably explains why he didnt have it on a lead in the first place
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 06:15 PM
THAT IS SO SAD THE POOR DOG, IF THE BLOODY OWNER HAD OF PAYED MORE CARE AN ATTENTION TO THE ANIMAL AND KEPT IT PROPERLY RESTRAINED IT WOULD STILL BE HERE ,PPL LIKE THAT MAKE ME SO BLOODY MAD
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Are you feeling a little better Luke? What a horrible thing to witness and such a shock for you too.The poor dog I hope it killed it instantly sounds like it would of done.Stupid bl**dy owner.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 06:30 PM
How horrible, the poor baby . what a stupid thick prat
(couldn't say what i was thinking there would be a few to many naughty words)

He needs throwing somewhere. lets hope the dog is in a better place and looked after well now.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2007, 06:36 PM
It was horrible..now i'm quite strong stomached, things like this NEVER affect me..but it was just so..well you know!
the poor bus driver tried his god damn hardest to avoid the dog..but as i said, just too late.
The owner really didn't seem phased..i would have been in pieces had I been in that position..
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Hope you are ok Luke.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh Luke, that's a horrid thing to witness.
I nearly hit a dog with the car a few weeks ago, when the owner went to tell the dog off I was ready to get out and tell him, in no uncertain terms, that it wasn't the dogs fault it was his for not having it on leash !!
Makes me so mad / sad.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:51 PM
What a terrible thing to see, I don't think I'll ever forget the site of one of mine hitting a car, & thank God she wasn't too badly hurt but it can happen in an instant & its awful. Might add she wasn'twalking loose I'd just got her out of the car cage she saw a cat, & as she tugged the lead snapped & I didn't get my command in before she was in motion, & it was too late.
I'd never walk mine loose on a road after a dog was killed locally after being left in a down outside a shop.Will never know why he broke his stay that day but he was killed & he was an obedience champion so I've never risked it since with any of mine.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >