Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Izzythesprocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2013, 12:10 AM

Is she getting bored?

My sprocker Izzy has been causing trouble.
In 3 days she has nearly 1kg of chocolate followed shortly by vomit. All over the house. And then a trip to the emergency vets on a Sunday.
She has opened presents, ripped up wrapping paper, ect.
The things were in a place we thought to be inaccessible to her.

Anyway she is fine from eating the chocolate, but we are worried about why she is doing this only when we are out. I think she may be bored as she is not usually left alone, however she has not always been this destructive if she is.

She is also obsessed with food. Completely. She has never ever gone without her daily amount of food. Yet still she is obsessed with it. (we are taking her to the vets for a check up as it is getting out of hand)

She gets at least 2 hours of exercise, usually off lead, a day. She also runs 3-4 times a week.

Does this sound like boredom? Or could it be a bit more than that? Thanks.
NorthernLass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Izzythesprocker View Post
Does this sound like boredom? Or could it be a bit more than that? Thanks.
It doesn't sound like boredom, it sounds like sprocker. Good you are going to vets to get her checked I doubt they'll find anything wrong - in my experience most dogs are obsessed with food. We reward them with treats and wonder why they want more.

Try wrapping up her toys in wrapping paper and without wishing to sound preachy et al, keep the stuff you don't want her to get to out of the way!

I'm not sure of how many dogs you have had in the past but they are handful most of the time until they get to about 5-6 years old.