View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Stainless steel for my two, only problem is the double holders have gone a bit rusty where the paint has chipped and I can't find replacements unless I buy the whole kit and kaboodle and the bowls I have are perfect so I don't want to do that. As for in the garden I have an old concrete boot plantholder and for some reason they prefer to drink out of that than their regular bowls.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Stainless steel for food and heavy stoneware for water.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Cherry has one of those expensive heavy glass ones that have "bonios" arranged inside. When she first got it she thought they were real dog biscuits and guarded it from Parker!

I like it as it is heavy and doesn't move around.

They have those brown ceramic ones at my Mum's when they have their tea round hers every week but she has recently dropped them both and broked them so I have taken 2 large plastic dog bowls to hers. She can't damage them!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Stainless steel dishes for when they have mince/meat meals, cats also have stainless steel dishes (flat ones) for their food.

Water dishes are... kitchen - ceramic (brown with blue inside - anicent thing i've had for years), white bone shaped ceramic bowl that's a pain to keep clean. in their night crates they have stainless steel coop cups that hang on the bars. Cats also have a brown ceramic dish (it says dog on it but they can't read so that's ok)

Puppy believes all water dishes are for paddling in - particuarly if you can then dance cold wet paws all over your human
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I use stainless steel for his food and water bowls. The food bowl is the slow feeder type that has the round ball sort of thing in the middle, as he was a really fast eater as a pup. I went with stainless also, to cut down on great dane chin acne.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Stainless steel for both water and food bowls as he has one of the raised feeders. In the garden he has a metal mixing bowl for his water. I also have a couple of plastic ones which i keep in the car to use when we are away
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4