Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:05 PM

My garden today

Well the weather dried up eventually and I went out and did a little gardening the place was a mess. These are a few pictures I took, hope you enjoy them.

In this one if you look to the left of the acer you can see the homes made bird table with one of my many starlings tucking in

The basket under the window starting to come on nicely now this is about 2ft long but looks so small

The new piece of garden if you recall it before you can also see the baskets either side of the shed door/dart board the theme for baskets is red geraniums

The garden looking from the patio, note the std rose is already in flower, nice yellow buds although the hosta's in the metal tubs are slow because I forgot to plant them but the lupins are doing fine the stick in this one is to protect him in the high winds we've been having, but he doesn't really need it.

And my assistant, Cleo (who is 23) sleeping on the job.I suspect she thinks she's earnt it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:09 PM
You certainly look like you've been busy out there Kazz, it looks wonderful, and you put me to shame when I look out at my jungle today I did try to get out there and tidy up, but within 10 mins my strimmer gave up on me, and I got so X with it, I binned it and came back indoors, totally fed up with it all now. I might hire one of those gardeners to do the job for me, I really hate gardening, unless I'm in the mood.

Glad you're getting a nice assortment of birds on the table too, any robins yet?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Great piccys Karen-especially like your Acer-looks stunning! I do like the new bit you did a while back and is maturing nicely.
I took some piccys of one of my Acers & garden earlier so may upload one soon.

Great piccys!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:12 PM
It looks lovely, well done. A really good mix of colours and textures. You've got some interesting plants there.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Hi Kazz,
Lovely pics,you've certainly been busy,your garden looks lovely
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh yes have a robin now, and I spent a good potion of my time today watching parent starlings feeding a baby one well sme size as them just light brown, the only reason I realised he was a baby was the parents picked up the food then he squarked and held his mouth open and they fed him sparrows the same, my success is also my downfall in attracting birds I appear to attracted pigeons too not happy I don't want to be invaded by pigeons so keep shooing them away one nearly bit the dust when I let the dogs out how he escaped I have no idea but how do I deter them?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Great piccys Karen-especially like your Acer-looks stunning! I do like the new bit you did a while back and is maturing nicely.
I took some piccys of one of my Acers & garden earlier so may upload one soon.

Great piccys!
Thanks Steve yes love to see your piccies. The new bit is coming on well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by minda
It looks lovely, well done. A really good mix of colours and textures. You've got some interesting plants there.
Thanks I do enjoy it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad
Hi Kazz,
Lovely pics,you've certainly been busy,your garden looks lovely
Thanks its waiting to burst into colour.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:22 PM
I've been watching the baby birds today too. I started a thread about it somewhere.

I don't know how you deter pigeons. THey don't seem to come to my table. It's strange because I get lots of collared doves and a wood pigeon but no ordinary pigeons although I know there are some in the area. They just never come down to my patio. Might have something to do with the black and white hairy scarecrow I employ I suppose! The only thing I can think of it to clear up any food that falls on the ground asap because that's what attracts them I think. It's difficult because other birds that we like (like robins!) like to eat off the floor too. You can buy cages to go over the food which are only big enough to let in small birds. That might be worth a go?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >