Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 08:53 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 21st March

Good morning everyone

Sorry to hear about your brother Hrvedvey. Do hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Quite a nice morning here. Teazle walked and veg prepared for lunch. For sometime now we have been hearing the patter of feet in the roof. Been in the loft and nothing in there but this morning I was in the garden and heard it again. Looked up and saw a couple of birds coming out of the eaves so looks like we will have to have the bargeboards etc replaced. My thinking is if one place has rotted so might others so better to replace before too much damage is done and the job gets bigger.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Good morning all.

We used to get starlings nesting in the gap between the inner and outer boarding of the porch walls. They don't come now for some reason. Next door gets them under the roof tiles. Lovely to see when the babies come out to play

The sun is shining, it feels quite warm so we are off out to enjoy it. Fleece rather than winter coat today. What a novelty
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 10:03 AM
We had some birds going into our roof space....I loved it!! We have put a box up this year but nobodies moved in yet. You have to be careful Sue as it's nesting season...my friends dad blocked a nest in and my dad rung the RSPCA on him, they made him take the board down until the birds had left the best with the babies, he wasn't happy but I was really upset that he had trapped the babies inside
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 10:23 AM
Morning. Yes it is against the law to stop birds nesting so if you can block before nest is built do it now before squatters move in.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 12:16 PM
Afternoon all nice day here and good news my Cousin is out of hospital his daughter has moved in too look after him.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 12:22 PM
I could never be so cruel as to block in a nest that was in use. How awful.

Well, while it is fairly warm on my south facing garden, the wind from the north east made it pretty cold for our walk so it was winter coat after all. Lovely to see the sunshine though
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 01:02 PM
Kazz, absolutely fantastic news about your cousin!!
Chris, I was quite taken aback by my friends dad.....I fully understand people don't want the damage but if there's babies in there you can't really do much.... hopefully sue can get the hole blocked up before the birds make a nest and start expanding their family, could always charge them rent I guess lol
Just sorted my neighbours car out, her mum is having surgery Tuesday and the battery was flat...she doesn't have much of a clue bless her so I took the battery off, charged it, put it back on for her and have promised to give her a quick lesson in what's what after her mum is better and lockdown is lifted, hilarious getting the battery off and trying to explain things at a 2 metre distance. Next time I go to town, I am going to buy her some spanners and screwdrivers to get her started, I have also promised to sort her mums car for her when she is ready, just a case of inflating the tyres for her, checking levels and sorting out a noise that's coming from her front wheel, been waiting for the workman to come about my roof so I just thought I might as well sort her car whilst I was waiting, also had to pick my clippers up from her, her mum has had to shave the last of her hair off but she was laughing with me about it. Just about to write her get well card as her daughter is numbering them so she can open one a day as obviously she can't have visitors
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 02:09 PM
You Kelly are an amazing person. Need more like you in this world.x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Lol...not really Brenda, I like them so really happy to help....I think it's nice that they will ask for my help. I don't just do the stuff for them, I will explain what I am doing, how to do it, what can go wrong etc, I think it's very important to pass knowledge on. I have shown them the products we use for car cleaning, shown them how to get rid of paint when someone has rubbed your car/ bumper, shown them the best way to clean the car ( must admit I am dreadful and get very obsessed even go as far as cotton buds in narrow areas)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2021, 02:44 PM
I have had a go at sorting the patio out a little bit, now just sitting down and getting my breath back.
The roofer didn't come yesterday... said he would come today but didn't...will wait for a day when it's raining, film it and send it to another roofer to look at and see what he thinks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >