Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2008, 05:41 AM

Morning folks!

Morning all,

Lennon has an appointment this morning with the vet (Tricia, as Dean is on holiday) to check his eye out. Yesterday only a locum was on, and I wasn’t happy for Lennon to see him/her.

His eye is actually better, and I did consider not going at all, but as it’s his eye, I think better safe than sorry. It certainly won’t hurt (well, only my purse) to get it checked.

After coming back from the dentist yesterday, Baz and I spent the next three hours cleaning the cooker. A ghastly job, and one I don’t intend ever doing again. I’m paying someone to clean the bloody thing next time.

Working full time, you can believe I have a list of “to do’s”. Today’s task is to wash the nets, and re-varnish the wooden garden seat. After the cooker yesterday, it’ll be a breeze!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem :
Two lawyers had been stranded on a desert island for several months.

The only thing on the island was a tall coconut tree that provided them their only food. Each day the younger man would climb to the top to pick coconuts and see if he could spot a rescue boat coming. One day the young man in the tree yelled down, 'Wow!, I just can't believe my eyes! There is a woman out there floating in our direction!" The old lawyer on the ground was most sceptical and said, "You're hallucinating! You've finally lost your mind." But within a few minutes, up to the beach floated a stunning redhead, face up, totally naked, unconscious, without even so much as a ring or earrings on her person. The two men went down to the water and dragged her up on the beach. She was alive, warm, and breathing. The young lawyer said to his partner, "You know, we've been on this God-forsaken island for months now without a woman. It's been such a long, long time. Do you think we should, well, you know, screw her?"

His older partner thought for a brief moment, then asked, "Out of what?"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.
Have fun today Vicki, I hate cleaning cookers too, just wish I did it more often, wouldn't be such a trial then when I do remember to do it.
Hope Lennon gets on ok at the vets today.
at todays gem, have a good day all.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

I hope poor Lennon get ok at the vets

I do envy you and Baz, your holiday this year is just go go go just remember to get it right today, and don't varnish the nets and wash the garden seat

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Morning Gorgeous Vicki morning all

I hope your little woos eye gets better soon hun.

Doesn't it make you feel good when the cooker is clean . . . . . I got loads of brownie points from my oh for doing ours . . . and what a horrible job it is to do . . . . . . I was sweating buckets . . . . Jeez !!!!
I had asked her to wipe it all down after she used it in future as it's like new again but oh no !!!! . . . . the glass is once again covered in grease . . . . . . . . . . . Well bu88er the brownie points . . . she can spend hours doing it next time . . . .

Anyway babe loved the 'gem of the day' . . . .

You all have a good day and be careful out there
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2008, 06:32 AM

The sun is out here - but it won't last.

PS

Our oven is needing done which is a pain as I know how long it look me last time despite using that fancy stuff where you put the shelves in a bag.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Have fun today Vicki, I hate cleaning cookers too, just wish I did it more often, wouldn't be such a trial then when I do remember to do it.
Hope Lennon gets on ok at the vets today.
at todays gem, have a good day all.
Morning Lynn

Originally Posted by CLMG View Post

I hope poor Lennon get ok at the vets

I do envy you and Baz, your holiday this year is just go go go just remember to get it right today, and don't varnish the nets and wash the garden seat

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Morning Christine

Originally Posted by Penry View Post
Morning Gorgeous Vicki morning all

I hope your little woos eye gets better soon hun.

Doesn't it make you feel good when the cooker is clean . . . . . I got loads of brownie points from my oh for doing ours . . . and what a horrible job it is to do . . . . . . I was sweating buckets . . . . Jeez !!!!
I had asked her to wipe it all down after she used it in future as it's like new again but oh no !!!! . . . . the glass is once again covered in grease . . . . . . . . . . . Well bu88er the brownie points . . . she can spend hours doing it next time . . . .

Anyway babe loved the 'gem of the day' . . . .

You all have a good day and be careful out there
Mornign Shane - we "try" to wipe it down after use, but that only lasts about a fortnight, so we're just as bad here.....

Originally Posted by Phil View Post

The sun is out here - but it won't last.

PS

Our oven is needing done which is a pain as I know how long it look me last time despite using that fancy stuff where you put the shelves in a bag.
Morning Phil - I was going to buy some of that, too. The racks are not a problem, it's the oven itself

bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2008, 06:59 AM
morning all. another dull n over cast day here. so disappointed with the weather this year.
ive got a lovely summer dress i bought in the sales, i havnt even worn it
oh well got some food shopping to do today (woopie)
have a good day all.
ps loved the gem LOL
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
morning all. another dull n over cast day here. so disappointed with the weather this year.
ive got a lovely summer dress i bought in the sales, i havnt even worn it
oh well got some food shopping to do today (woopie)
have a good day all.
ps loved the gem LOL
Morning Cathy
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2008, 07:15 AM

*feels all smug as I do wipe the cooker after every use*
and now I remember why!
Had a lovely day with my friend yesterday, today just a relaxing one. Back to work next week!

have a great day everyone x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Morning Vicki, hope all goes well for Lennnox at the vets.

Cooker cleaning eh!....I don't mind that at all.........Ironing is my pet hate someone once said, how do you keep your iron so nice...Don't use it I answered

Have a lovely day
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >