Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2005, 08:16 AM

Incident

Just had an incident in the park. As i was leaving i saw a guy with a child and an english bull terrier. I know she was a breeding machine and can be a bit funny with other dogs as i'v spoken to him before. Rather then drag Khera along i let her watch them pass from a distance and said Hi. To this his Daughter came running at us and Khera leapt up to greet her. The guy threw his dogs ball and also came over to have a fuss. Then the dog comes back with her ball and hearing Khera's growly play noises jumps her and goes mad!!! Bearing in mind Khera is on her lead. Did i do something wrong?!!?
I know she was being protective but surely she should be on a lead if she's known to be a bit nasty? Also she wouldn't have come near me and Khera if the guy hadn't. This sort of thing really worries and upsets me. I know they live a couple of roads away so i can't really avoid them. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2005, 08:20 AM
As far as I see it Vix you didn;t do anything wrong the owner of the EBT did.

If he knows his dog can be a bit funny then he should left your dog alone and made sure that his was kept away from Khera.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Vix I hope Khera is ok and not hurt or shocked. No you did nothing wrong the man did, he should not have come over to you leaving his own dog free, he should have forseen a potential problem and put it on a lead first .
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2005, 08:29 AM
I don't believe some people!!!

Maybe just don't speak to him next time! And the child needs a small lesson, too!!
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys. I was just a bit worried as it's the second time this has happened and i know Khera doesn't have a viscious bone in her but if i can do anything to stop it happening again i will. OH wasn't that sympathetic he just said it was noones fault and that i can't stop people coming over to me. Oh well guess i shouldn't worry.
Mini, Khera is fine. It was all so quick that i'm not sure she realised the dog was attacking.
Sarah L
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Nope, you were not in the wrong Vix. This guy should have done the responsible thing and put his dog on a lead also, especially if he knows his dog is a bit nasty. Would have been different if your dog was loose but she wasn't. Hope you and Khera are fine, its not nice when your dog is attacked.

Sarah
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
No you did nothing wrong at all.......the guy should have put his on a lead, and mybe not come near you....Best to ingore him next time.....he might get the message.....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Definitely not you, he should have had his on a lead!