Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 06:55 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all dogsey peeps.

Wide awake at 6 am this morning so thought I might as well get up, I can get out earlier with Zena and avoid the muppets.

Got a few missions on my to do list today, one of which will be to try and get to that offcut place I went to on Friday to collect the offcut for the bathroom vanity top. Whether I can find my way back out of there is another matter.

One more morning of onlead park walking for Zena and I think I will have cracked it with the bleeding nail, we can go back up on the top tomorrow and she can have a run around again.

Poor Dave was all down when I rang him last night cos the guy who was buying his business, has decided to pull out due to the fact that he doesn't think he'll be able to cope on his own with the family working for him, it's more involved than he thought with all the mot paraphernalia and all the paperwork that goes along with it, so poor Dave is going to have to think again. He's putting it up with an agent now and see what happens. Poor Dave, he said he tried to think positive like I told him too, and yet he still gets kicked in the goolies, story of his life though.

Jen, hope Pepsi is still ok this morning.

Jenny, hope that water's subsiding rapidly, and enjoy your walk out with the boys.

Sally, hope you got a good night's sleep with the Jimster and good luck with that paw again today.

Lynn, hope you're feeling more positive today and can enjoy another trip out with Gorden somewhere or other.

Bev, loving your pics of Harley today

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll pop in later when I've worn meself out
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Morning H and all

Sorry to hear the chap has pulled out of buying the business H. I can understand how poor Dave would feel low about it. Still like you say he must be positive as I am sure another buyer is out there just waiting to hear about it.
Glad to hear Zena's claw is improving.

Work for me today and then I have to take my sister and one of her cats to the vet for its routine jabs.

Lynn I hope you are feeling more positive today.

Malka I hope you and Pereg have had a good night.

Hope everyone else and doggies are ok.
Enjoy your day all.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Morning all. Helena that sounds really frustrating
Another dull day at work for me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Morning Helena, Bev and Emmis.

Helena poor Dave. Hopefully with an agent the business will shift. Everything crossed. Only problem is the agent will want his cut but worth it if it relieves Dave's stress and he can retire and start to relax.
Well done with Zena's claw and enjoy your walk.
Bev good luck with your sisters cat. Is it as lively as Layla ?

Off to North Weald Basset today in Essex to meet my best friend for lunch at the pub that use to be roughly 1/2 way for both of us. Gorden will be walking Dillon possibly doing our wine kit Mark and Tracey bought us for Christmas and hoovering.
Its been raining here but looks to be brightening up.

Hope all poorly peeps and dogs are feeling better and flooded people are seeing the flood levels going down.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Morning all

H, poor Dave, no wonder he feels down, hope someone pops up who is desperate to take the business........positive thoughts.

Bev, hope your sisters cat is ok with it's jabs.

Ennis, fingers crossed that your day at work goes fast.

Lynn, have a good day out with your friend and enjoy your lunch

We have lovely Sun here this morning. I'm going to my stepfathers as usual to take him shopping and get his house ship shape.

Have a good day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 09:04 AM

Want to reply but I'm getting ready to go look for my "wedding dress" so I don't have much time

Hope to post pics later .
Byeeeeee
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Morning all - Helena I am really sorry to hear that Dave's hoped for sale of his business has fallen through. Everything crossed that another buyer turns up so that he can finally relax - although will Dave be ever able to relax?

I think we had a reasonable night - Da Booga did get me up once but I needed the loo so would have had to get up in any case. She then slept on after her 7am meds so all in all I had a fairly good sleep. Still got the kicked-in-the-abdomen feeling but it will no doubt ease off, and at least I have to be so grateful that Da Booga only had the one seizure this time.

Now I have received the lovely tunics I bought online from Yours, I have to do a really good turf out of my wardrobe and cupboards, discarding things that I just do not wear any more. There are no charity shops in town but the residential home where three of my neighbour's brothers live are always grateful for clothes that are as good as new, as these are. There is absolutely no point in me keeping something because I might wear it some time, when it has not been worn for so long, is there. Especially as I now have to dress for comfort.

I hope all the poorlies are better and that the flood waters are receding, and wish everyone a safe, warm and dry day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Riverside levels are receding and revealing the state of our lawn and path .... the silt is dreadful and will render that garden out of action for weeks and weeks. Hopefully by tomorrow we'll be able to start sweeping the silt back to where it came from
The road to our house is still only drivable in a 4x4 which is disappointing as it means I still have no independence.
I think the enormity of the clean up after the water finally goes is just starting to hit home.

Helena sorry to hear that the sale has fallen through Poor Dave and no wonder he's feeling down.
Nippy Good luck with the dress hunting today ... we'll expect a photo if you are successful
Lynn Have a fab lunch with your best mate.
Hi to Emmis, Gellygoo, Malka and Bev too and I hope you all have a great day.

I hope all poorly members and any poorly dogs are feeling better today. I'm off now to visit my Mum ... dogs in tow ..... but at least it will give them a change of scenery.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Morning all,

Helena, what a shame for Dave, I can understand why he feels down but someone else will turn up.

Malka, glad you managed to get a decent nights sleep. Long may it continue.

Lynn, enjoy your lunch.

I actually woke up without pain this morning, but since being up and about it has come back but not quite as bad. I'll see what it's like later today.

Back to the ironing pile for me, and tonight we have the ATC/ACF Sports night. Not taking part tonight thankfully, just a: not allowed it would appear. ACF adults are not allowed to play with cadets in what may be a contact sport *sigh* so I'm not allowed to take part. And B: I couldn't even if I wanted to, probably end up in lots of pain

I'm delighted cause I got my bag back, our CAA dropped it off this morning. Yay I have a ton of paperwork in it, including the stuff from my Higher English. I need to spend some time on that too. First though, TMA, needs to be done before tomorrow night.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Good Morning
Just back from our walk,maybe it's just me but I think its so warm Ended up in my tee shirt...leggings too of course
There was a bird singing outside my window all night..have to leave a window open.It was so lovely for the first hour or so,after that I did have thoughts of ringing its bleedin neck ( I wouldn't really ) That's not normal though is it?..bird up all night
LYNN,wine kit Lovely job...enjoy
NIP JEN,good luck with the shopping!
HELENA sorry for you and Dave,total bummer!
JENNY,really wish I could help with the clean up operation..are they sending in peeps to help?
LORE,good to hear you're not in as much pain this morning Hope it stays that way for you...take it easy
Off to have a shower
Hope everyone else is well,have a great day
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »